Tusculum View Tiger Talk
News for the week of October 25, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good Afternoon Tiger Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We are looking forward to another great week of learning and fun for kids as we move into cooler weather and the fall season! This week we will enjoy our GSIA sponsored Fall Family Fun Night and our 3rd grade performance of Halloween Movers and Groovers!
Hope everyone has a great week and stay well!,
- Please do not send balls to school with your students. The school will provide balls for play on the playground.
- All students eat breakfast and lunch free this school year. If you would like for your child to eat breakfast please arrive by 7:45 in order to allow time for them to eat as class begins at 8 am.
- When dropping students off at side parking lot in the mornings, please DO NOT turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Right turns only during drop off and dismissal.
- Please DO NOT get out of your car in car line to help your student get out of or in to the car. If you need to do this, please pull over in to a parking space.
There will be no school for students on November 1st and 2nd.
GSIA presents Fall Family Fun Night - October 28th
No full face masks or horror characters for costumes at Fall Family Fun Night.
3rd Grade Presents - Halloween Movers and Groovers
Our 5th grade class will be collecting donations for a red, white, and blue arm band to support our local VFW Post 1990 and veterans! You may send money to school for donations from Nov. 3 - 15.
Info about VFW:
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard and reserve forces.
The VFW traces its roots back to 1899 when veterans of the Spanish-American War (1898) and the Philippine Insurrection (1899-1902) founded local organizations to secure rights and benefits for their service.
Many arrived home wounded or sick. There was no medical care or veterans' pension for them, and they were left to care for themselves.
TVES will be collecting donations for the victims of Hurricane Ida in Lousiana.
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed. An email is acceptable, but it MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:30 pm.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
Please do not block the roads waiting for pick up before 2:55 pm. GPD traffic officers will be on patrol.
There are many questions about symptoms regarding COVID and whether to send students to school or have them tested. Please see the chart below to help determine what you should do if your child has symptoms. High risk symptoms are in red, low risk in bold black.
You can also learn more about our COVID protocols by visiting the following link:
PLEASE LET NURSE SALLY KNOW IF YOU TEST YOUR STUDENT FOR COVID>
If your child misses a day a school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at email@example.com
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website at the top click Report Absence. Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.
Please refer to the guidelines below for new Truancy laws and procedures from the state of TN.
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.