Wednesday, December 11th
Sato Elementary School
December - Theme of the month: Compassion & Helpfulness
- Tuesday, Dec. 17th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Rood Bridge
- Tuesday, Dec. 17th - SECO general meeting 6:30pm
- Friday, Dec. 20th - Spirit Day: PAJAMA Day!!
- Dec. 23rd-Jan.3rd - WINTER BREAK
January - Theme of the month: Respectful & Responsible
- Monday, Jan. 6th - Welcome Back!
- Friday, Jan. 10th - Popcorn Friday
- Friday, Jan. 17th - SECO Movie Night
- Monday, Jan. 20th - MLK Day, observed no school
- Tuesday, Jan. 21st - SECO general meeting 630pm
- Friday, Jan. 24th - Coffee & Conversation for parents & guardians of 4th/5th
- Monday, Jan. 27th - Grading Day, no school for students
When are the non-student contact days?
- Monday, January 27th - Grading Day
- Tuesday, February 18th - Staff Development Day
- Thursday & Friday, April 2nd & 3rd - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, April 10th - Grading Day
- Friday, April 24th - Staff Development Day
Spirit Day: Friday 20th is Pajama Day!!
As we approach winter break, students will have more opportunities for screen time and digital interaction. The District has developed a digital citizenship resource page for families which offers families information and resources to support children in developing safe and responsible digital practices. Topics include digital health and wellness, media literacy and online privacy and safety.
Science Instructional Materials Review
The Beaverton School District is currently involved in the Science Instructional Materials Adoption Process K-12. The Project Team, comprised of community members, students, teachers, administrators and specialists has been meeting since September 2018 to review existing Science curriculum and practices in order to make curriculum and adoption recommendations to the School Board this Spring.
The Beaverton School District reviews and updates its curriculum, instructional practices, and classroom materials according to Board policy and Oregon State Statute and Administrative Regulations.
The community, parents, students, and Beaverton School District staff are invited to review and provide input on instructional materials in the following ways:
Online review period – Monday, December 2, 2019 – Sunday, January 5, 2020. Please visit
Box Top for Education goes digital!!
Free Parent Information Series
Beaverton City Library Youth Access Card
Reads for Bees!!
Sato students are invited to participate in the Winter Reading Challenge at Cedar Mill and Bethany Libraries. This year the community is reading for honeybees. Our donor has pledged to purchase a hive of honeybees through a charity that is helping end world hunger for every 6,000 hours local kids read between November 25 and January 17, 2020.
The paper reading record is attached to this e-mail, you can keep track of your child's reading and turn it into your child's teacher, or our school librarian in January. Please make sure to put your child's name and teacher somewhere on the paper log.
Understanding the difference between Bullying and Unkind behavior:
Beaverton School District Inclement Weather Information
- Log onto the District's website: http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us and a page pop will be posted on the main page if there is a change in school operations.
- Beaverton School District Public Safety webpage has information about inclement weather procedures and snow routes. http://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/public-safety/ then click on Inclement Weather Information.
- Follow us on o Twitter @BeavertonSD o Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonSchoolDistrict/
- Follow media outlets. The Districts posts information via Flash Alert. Parents can also sign up to receive weather alerts: www.flashalert.net.
Volunteering at Sato!
Please click HERE to find out all the different ways to get involved at Sato! We need you!!