September Literacy Contest
Write a Six-Word Memoir About Your Favorite Book
Each month the literacy committee hosts a contest to promote reading, writing, and creativity. The contests vary greatly throughout the year, and you can participate in any or all of them. A $20 Amazon gift card will be awarded to the contest winner each month.
This Month's Contest:
How to Write a 6-Word Memoir
1. Make your six-word memoir personal and honest.
2. Use the Six Word limitation to inspire creativity.
3. Think about the emotion/tone you wish to express through your writing.
4. Put the six best words in the best order to express exactly what you want to communicate.
5. Consider where you will place capital letters and punctuation marks. 6. Get inspired from reading other six-word memoirs.
- Your name, grade, and program
- A picture of you with your favorite book
- A six-word memoir explaining the impact this book has made on you
2. Make your document visually appealing. Pay attention to things like font, font size, coloration, images, white space, etc. Make sure your picture is visible and that your poem is readable. You can use whatever app or program you prefer.
3. Submit your entry to Mrs. Henning via Google Drive (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. All entries are due by Wednesday, September 30.