Atomic Number 28
Recommended Daily Allowances
- For anyone under 10 years old = 100-300 mcg
- For 11-18 year old males = 400 - 600 mcg
- For 11-18 year old females = 300 - 500 mcg
- For males 19 years old or older = 500 - 700 mcg
- For females 19 years old or older = 400-600 mcg
Why is nickel needed?
- Needed in small amounts
- Used in increasing iron absorption
- Helps to prevent iron-poor blood (anemia)
- Helps in treating weak bones
- High blood sugar
- Low blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Skin rash
- Heart failure (caused by 50,000 - 100,000 x recommended daily intake)
- No specific nickel supplements
- Trace amounts of nickel are found in multivitamins
- Centrum Multivitamin
- $6.99 for container of 100 tablets
- Serving size is 1 tablet (daily)
- $0.07 cost per day
"Nickel / Cobalt DRI/RDA, Deficiency, Side Effects, Toxicity, Overdose." Nickel / Cobalt DRI/RDA, Deficiency, Side Effects, Toxicity, Overdose. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.
"NICKEL." : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.
"Nickel (revised)." Chemical Elements: From Carbon to Krypton. Ed. Lawrence W. Baker and David E. Newton. Vol. 2. Detroit: UXL, 2006. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.
"Target Mobile : Expect More. Pay Less."Target Mobile : Expect More. Pay Less.N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.