Park Terrace Elementary
October 7, 2020 Newsletter
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Greetings, Park Terrace families!
Our fall break is already next week! That means students do not have school Monday through Friday, October 12 through 16. We return to school on Monday, October 19. During the students’ fall break, teachers will be engaging in professional learning and also connecting with families to engage in conversations about each student’s progress. You should be receiving some information soon from your child’s teacher about scheduling a virtual conference.
Please remember that attendance on the “learning at home” days is taken based on students’ attendance at the live lessons. Each student should have a minimum of two live lessons per “learning at home” day. Please continue to remind your student to log in to all of their lessons so it does not impact attendance.
We continue to monitor Anoka County 14-day COVID-19 case rates. Last week, in data we receive weekly from Minnesota Department of Health, Anoka County was reporting 20.78 cases per 10,000. This places our learning model firmly in the state’s guidance for Modified Campus (hybrid) at all grade levels (20-30 cases per 10,000). We will continue to look to the future, closely monitoring case data and following guidance in the Minnesota Safe Learning Plan. We ask that our entire community continue to follow public health guidance to help support our schools in remaining open.
I hope you all have a restful and fun fall break. Thank you for your partnership in these first four weeks of the school year.
For Extended Flex Learning Families: Conferences, Library Books and School Pictures
Greetings Extended Flexible Learning Families,
School has been in session for one month - unbelievable! The partnership, flexibility and patience of each of our families has contributed to our success this fall. Thank you!
Here are a few updates for you this week:
- Conferences: Your child’s teachers will be reaching out to you with an invitation to meet to discuss how things are going with distance learning, to share current student progress, to discuss next steps in learning, and to gain insights from you about your student(s). Each teacher will be managing their own conference schedule, so please watch upcoming classroom newsletters or teacher updates in SeeSaw or Schoology for details.
- Library Books: Should you happen to find overdue library books at your home, they can be returned to your child’s home school or the District Services Center, whichever is most convenient for you. Thank you!
- School Pictures: School pictures for Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning) students will be on November 11 at your child’s home school. Details will be shared as we finalize plans for that day. Stay tuned. . .
I hope each of you has an informational and rewarding visit with your child’s teacher in the coming days. Please also enjoy the fall break and the pleasant weather that is being predicted, and remember there is no school next week (October 12-16).
Our Extended Flexible Learning teachers and I are here to lend support. Let us know how we can help.
Principal on Special Assignment
K-4 Extended Flexible Learning
Mark your calendar: Picture days are coming
We will have multiple days for school pictures to accommodate students in our Modified Campus (hybrid) and Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning) models. Mark your calendars for student pictures to be taken at school:
- Monday, October 19 – Students in Group A (Modified Campus – hybrid)
- Tuesday, October 20 – Students in Group B (Modified Campus – hybrid)
- Wednesday, November 11 – Students in Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning). We will provide more information about the schedule for this day and health and safety precautions in the next few weeks.
After picture day, pictures may be ordered online here. Please note that the event code/picture day ID is: EVTQJQJKP
Meals available during fall break through one-day curbside pickup event
Meal services will continue at Spring Lake Park Schools during fall break, October 12-16, through a one-day curbside pickup event where families will receive five days' worth a meals for the week.
Here are the details:
- Date - Monday, October 12
- Location - Spring Lake Park High School, door #32
- Times - 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Menu Details - Families will be given five days' worth of meals, both breakfast and lunch. The package will include cereal, fruits, vegetables, milk and frozen entrees with a cooking instruction insert. Entrees are cheese pizza, cheese bread, corn dog (chicken), cheese and bean burrito and cheese calzone.
English learners are working hard, having fun and enjoying this beautiful fall
In case you missed important information from last week's newsletter, check out the topics below and click to learn more.
- Media permission and directory information
- Help keep classrooms safe: Avoid peanut/nut products in snacks and lunches
- Apply Now: the Free or Reduced-Price Meal Benefits Deadline is Approaching
- Procedures for Close Contact, Illness and Notification COVID-19 fact sheet
- Fall Community Ed Programs Available for Registration
- Registration is open for Early Childhood Family Education Classes
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
Translate This Newsletter / Traducir Este Boletín
To translate this newsletter information to another language, please click anywhere on the newsletter to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir este boletín de noticias a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del boletín para abrir el boletín en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.