Cougar Connection Parent Edition
I would like to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful that I get to have your students in person at Clinton this year. We have such a wonderful school community.
- Please remember that our school and offices will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving on Wednesday 11/24, Thursday 11/25, and Friday 11/26. Classes resume on Monday 11/29.
- Stop, think, is this the right choice? Is our current focus for SEL. In conjunction with our Second Steps SEL curriculum, we are having students practice Stop, Think, Is this the right choice? to have our students be more mindful of the affect their decisions have on themselves and others. Our students officially made it! We collected over 1500 paws and bingo board acknowledgements! Your classroom teacher will be in contact with you on the date where we will be doing our in class camp and read. There will be no food with this celebration.
- Covid Testing: Our process inside of the building has been smooth, private, and easy. If you are having difficulty accessing your student's results, please use this website. I have included instructions in a PDF below. Our Community Agency Code is: df5brbrj
- Any parents interested in being a part of our building committees. We want your feedback! Email me at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Safety Concern: Please do not do a U-Turn to park in front of the school during pick-up and drop-off. Also, please make sure that you are parking parallel to the curb during pick up and drop off. This allows traffic to move more quickly, and prevents issues of cars backing up into traffic.
- Menu Changes - Please understand that while our menu is planned out a month in advance for breakfast and lunch items, there are going to be times when the meal is switched due to lack of supply. Reach out to food services with any questions.
It's a great day to be a Cougar, because Cougars Care!
Principal of Clinton Elementary School
- Our Book Fair and Fundraiser were a resounding success! Thank you so much for your support. Because of your support, our PTO was able to give every student a free book!
- Next PTO Meeting is on Thursday, 12/9 @ 7:00 PM - Zoom Link
- Please send in your order forms for our Spirit Wear by November 30
Yearbooks are On Sale Now!!!
Attention 6th Grade Parents!
Save the Date!
On Thursday, December 9th, 2021, Kenyon Woods MS will be hosting a 6th Grade Curriculum Night for 6th Grade Students and Parents. Parents and students are encouraged to attend our presentation, learn about the courses offered at the middle school and explore the elective offerings. The program will run from 6:30 – 8:00 PM; beginning in the Gym. After our presentation, families will be dismissed to tour the building and ask individual questions.
In addition, Mrs. Olsem, the Principal of Kenyon Woods, will be visiting all the elementary schools during the week of December 6th to meet with the students, explain the course selection process and pass out registration sheets so your student can pick their courses for 7th grade. All registration sheets MUST be returned to your child's 6th grade teacher by Dec. 15th.
Stay Home Symptoms
As cases of Covid rise in this area, now more than ever, it is crucial that you keep your student(s) home if they exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100.4°F or higher)
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Fatigue from unknown cause
- Muscle or body aches from unknown cause.
Please make sure to send your student(s) with a water bottle. We have clean water that they can refill their water bottles with throughout the day.
Cub Scouting is fun for the whole family. In Scouting, boys and girls (K-5th) start with their best right now selves and grow into their very best future selves. It’s fun, hands-on learning and achievement that puts kids in the middle of the action and prepares them for today – and for life.
Pack meetings are the third Tuesday each month at Community United Methodist Church, 400 W Spring St., South Elgin. Dens meet on Monday or Tuesday nights depending on age group.
For more information contact Joel Kirchner @ (847) 772-8896 or Pack76SouthElgin@gmail.com
Are you ready to register? You can do so online at www.beascout.org.