Tropical Rainforest Biomes
By Ian Marshall and Tyler Badruddoja
This chimp goes, "Ooh ooh ooh!"
This guy is on Fruit Loops boxes. The Toucan goes, "Kaw kaw!"
This scary snake goes, "Hissssss," and it bites people, sometimes.
This stinky and spiky fruit grows in Indonesia. Luckily we found the fruit.
More people die from a coconut falling on their head than a shark attack.
These violent plants strangle big trees
The Climate in a Tropical Rainforest
- Found close to the equator
- Warm and humid all year
- Lots of rain! About 250 cm per year
- The Most Biodiversity on the Earth!
- Average temperature approximately 77°F
- The trees in this climate reach heights of more than 164 feet
- Trees make a "roof" of leaves called the canopy. The canopy often shields the forest floor (aka the understory) from rain.