MAV Weekly October 1, 2021
Mountain View High School
Mountain View Mavericks
Main Office- (208) 855-4050
Attendance Line- (208) 855-4063
Transportation Questions- (208) 229-8500
October 4- Collaboration- No School
October 5- Picture Retakes
October 13 - PSAT/NMSQT for 10th grade students NOTE: This will be a remote learning / asynchronous instructional day for students in grades 9-12, excluding those that are coming to school to take the PSAT. More information to follow.
October 20- Parent Teacher Conferences- 4:00-8:00 (online)
October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences- 4:00-7:30 (online, more info in Oct.8 newsletter)
October 22- No School- End of 1st Quarter
November 22-26- Thanksgiving Holiday Break- No School
October 13- PSAT Testing- Asynchronous Learning Day
Monday, October 13 will be an Asynchronous Learning Day. Students will have assignments that they will complete at home.
- All Sophomores will report to school for PSAT testing along with any junior that signed up to take the test.
- Bussing will follow the late start “Wednesday” schedule. All routes will run. Sophomores will be in attendance as well as some students in grades 9,11 and 12 who have been identified as needing intervention. Individual email invitations will be sent to both students and guardians.
- Busses will pick up students at 1:00 PM.
- Students who attend live to receive interventions and/or special services will be exempt from the remote assignment(s).
Financial Aid Information Night- Oct. 7th
Senior tux and drape photos will be on October 28th and 29th.
Eating School Lunch? Students MUST Have Their ID Badge
Lunches are still free, they simply want to keep track of how many students are eating. Thank you for your compliance. Students are expected to wear their badges every day, regardless.
All students are expected to wear their ID badges daily for security reasons and for building access.
MAV TIME: See Your Teachers Before School For Extra Help
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:10-7:40am is MAV time.
Students can make arrangements to see their teachers or stop by their room for help.
Be On Time!
We play music with 2 minutes remaining in the passing period, this is the signal to students that class is starting soon. Students, please be on time. Guardians, please speak with your student about the importance of not being late.
Lunch detention has started for 4 or more tardies. The limit per class is 3.
Lunch detention is served on Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's
Don't Want To Be Put In Quarantine Isolation?
Please see the health services page for more information.
Feeling Ill, Please Stay Home
Please see the symptoms/illness flowchart to help you decide if you should come to school or not. If you stay home, a guardian should call the school's attendance line and let them know you are out for illness. Then students should check teams for assignments and work on class work.
Synchronous Instruction- Students on Quarantine
The high school principals and the school district have determined that we would provide the following consistent practices in all of our buildings when a student is on quarantine.
- All assignments / resources on TEAMS - TEAMS structure is consistent within each building
- Synchronous learning opportunities are provided for students during direct instruction
- Assessments will be taken in the building
Tips and Tricks for Students at Home
1. Go to Teams
2. Check Weekly Agenda – follow directions
3. Complete tasks – Join class on time, if live
4. Submit work according to class instructions
5. Still confused? Email your teacher (use school email, include period in subject line, ask a specific question)
Please check the athletics calendar for information on scheduled games.
Interested in donating to Mountain View athletics? Click here
Mask Requirement Information
- West Ada School District Administration has made the decision to maintain the mask requirement through October 8.
- For details on mask mandate, please see the West Ada website.
Annual Hispanic Youth Leadership Summit
Seniors and Juniors who identify as Hispanic are invited to attend the Idaho Hispanic Youth Leadership Summit. This is an opportunity for seniors to learn more about career options, talk with college recruiters, and potentially earn scholarship money for Idaho schools! Students in the past have found the event informative, fun, and beneficial (in the form of MONEY for college!).
Date: Wednesday 10/13
Time: 7:15 to 3:45 (the event goes from 8:00 to 3:00 at BSU – the bus will leave MVHS early and students will need to make arrangements to get to MVHS and back home)
How do you sign up?
Complete and return the linked parent permission form. You can drop it by the Career Center or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up by sending an email to email@example.com OR on the sign-up sheet in the Career Center.
Seniors should Complete this form about which colleges you'd like to consider you for scholarships!
ISAS - STEM Careers
Idaho Science and Aerospace Scholars (ISAS) offers a one-of-a-kind experience for Idaho high school juniors to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers. The adventure starts in January with an online course. High achieving students earn the opportunity to attend the ISAS Summer Academy at Boise State and NASA ames Research Center in California.
*APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOV 1ST! FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO: LINK HERE
MERIDIAN SCHOOLS CLINIC DENTAL CLEANING
We are excited to offer Mountain View High School students an option for dental cleaning services. West Ada School District and the Family Medical Residency of Idaho have teamed together to open a pediatric dental clinic serving children in the West Ada School District that do not have Medicaid or private dental insurance. The clinic is located on the Meridian Elementary School campus. It offers no cost dental cleanings to qualifying students.
During the week of October 29th the Meridian Schools Clinic has reserved appointments for Mountain View High School students. If your student does not have dental insurance and you would like to schedule a no cost dental cleaning for your student, please contact the Meridian Schools Clinic at 208-514-2527. If have any questions, please contact either of our school nurses, Rebecca or Sheryl, at 855-4050
Substitutes Needed: Parents, Please Consider Subbing for MVHS
We are in a district wide sub shortage. Please consider signing up to be a substitute teacher for West Ada School District. If you want to make arrangements to sub for MVHS, this can be worked out.
Check out substitute information here.
A bonus will be given each month if you work 10 full days or more.
$100 for 10-14 full days worked; $200 for 15 full days or more worked.
Parents and student digitally sign-off on handbooks via PowerSchool each year. Please review the Handbook with your student. It is an expectation that students follow handbook policies.
- Taking a Trip or Vacation? If you know you are going to pull your student out of school for a trip or vacation, or any extended period of time, please have your student pick up a Pre-Approved Absence sheet from the main office. This helps us track attendance and helps your student get organized in their classes prior to being gone.
- If you need to check your student out, please do so by calling the attendance office ahead of time. To get your student out of class, please call 45 minutes prior to the time you will be here to pick them up. If your student has an appointment in the morning, please call the day prior to the appointment. We appreciate your support!
- If a student is absent please call the attendance line to report their absence.
- Students that are in quarantine will attend school remotely and will not be marked absent.
- Our school funding this year is based on attendance. Absences = less money for Mountain View High School. Please be in class. Teachers will be instructing bell to bell for maximized learning opportunities.
- Attendance Line- (208) 855-4063