Digital Fluency Academy
- Digital leaders understand that we must put real-world tools in the hands of students.
- Allow purposeful time for reflection in PD.
- Using the genius hour concept produces exceptional product.
- Instructional leaders should create experiences where teachers partake in the types of learning that should happen in their classrooms.
- Leaders should create an atmosphere that inspires innovation.
- Social media should be used to communicate, collaborate, learn and lead.
- Leaders must recognize that teachers taking risks by using new technology will have moments of failure and that it is OK to take risks and to fail at times = "If we're not trying new things, we're not learning. And if we're trying new things, then we're going to fail sometimes." Eric Sheninger
Afternoon Reflections - Digital Leadership Challenges To Try
- Explorer Genius Hour resources for teachers and students!
- Learn the ins and outs of Google Hangouts and practice a Google Hangout with someone else in the building.
- Continue to transform faculty meetings and PD sessions. Great start this year, focus now on continual improvement.
- Create a learning network via Twitter to build relationships, participate in conversations and contribute to the learning of others by filtering through your lens (perspective/area of expertise) and by adding value.
- Sign up and join one or more communities and encourage teachers to join as well.