Fisher is Ignited and Ready for Success!
We had a great start of the 2022-2023 School Year!
School Day: 7:45 am - 3:00 pm
Students are allowed to go to into classrooms at 7:30 am.
Classes begin promplty at 7:45 am.
If students are not in their classroom at 7:45 am ....they are late.
Morning Drop Off:
- Go through drop off lane ONLY if you are dropping off student. No parking lot drop offs.
- Parking lot is only for parents that are parking and walking students to school door ONLY.
After School Pickup:
- Student should be picked up by car through Pick Up Lane
- Display your dismissal number at all times. If you need additional numbers, pleae come to the office to get one.
- Paretns picking up students in person stand at flag pole area only. Students should be monitored at all times when waiting for siblings.
Arrival and dismissal are getting better and we appreciate your cooperation and flexibility. Please remember that any changes to dismissal or pick up students for appointments has to be done before 2:30 pm.
Gifted & Talented Program Parent Orientation Night: Thursday, Sept. 8 @ 5:00 pm. in Fisher Library
Our Marlins benefit from being in school every day and on time. A reminder that school starts at 7:45 am. That means that students need to be physically in their classroom at that time. Please ensure that your child makes it on time to the classroom by dropping him/her off earlier so they can have breakfast and make it to class on time.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Starting in preschool and kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10%, or about 2 days each month over the course of a school year, can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just 1 or 2 days every few weeks.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- Absences and tardiness can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Eventually good attendance will be a skill that will help them succeed in high school and college.
Student Absences due to COVID-19
Parents, there is no more student remote conferencing, no more contact tracing, and no more "COVID" absences. At Fisher, we will continue to sanitize classrooms, do deep through cleaning and contact you when your child is not feeling well. If a there is a COVID case at home or with the student, call the fornt office at 210-397-4450.
For more information, please refer to the COVID 19 Information page https://www.nisd.net/schools/health/covid
Grandparents' Day Breakfast
Students will be divided by last names into two days. Breakfast is 7:00 - 7:50 am. An RSVP is needed if grandparents are joining our Marlins.
- Thursday, Sept. 8: A through L (last name)
- Friday, Sept. 9: M - Z (last name)
Grandparents will enter through side cafeteria door entrance with student. After they finish breakfast, student will go to classroom and grandparents will exit through same cafeteria door.
Breakfast plates can be paid using the app or in person. If paying in person, please bring $3.00 in cash. No change available.
Grandparents' Day is Sunday, September 11.
No Shots, No School!
Students need their immunization up to date! Up to date immunizations are required for students to be enrolled in the current school year. Please refer to the information provided by our School District. If you have any questions, please call our Nurse, Laura Liesman at 210-397-4450.
PTA Family Movie Night: Sept. 8 @ 5:45 pm in Fisher Cafeteria. PTA will sell snacks!
Support our School by becoming member of the Mary Lou Fisher Elementary PTA! Any adult can join for $8 and it will credit ALL children you have at Mary Lou Fisher Elementary School.
Our GOAL is 400 MEMBERS!
If we reach our goal of 400 members Mrs. Quintero will be duct taped to the wall!
***Classroom Incentives: Movie and Popcorn Party for the top 4 classes.
***Student Incentives: Attend a GLOW IN THE DARK membership party during school.
Each membership will also receive a special gift from PTA. Fall Membership Campaign ends Oct. 14.
Early Release - Sept. 21
We will have our first Early Release Day on Wednesday, Sept. 21. Dismissal is at 11:45 a.m. A form will be sent out with the students next week so we can know how students are going home.
Breakfast and sack lunches will be provided on these days. We will provide adult supervision for your child if needed. Students can remain on campus until 3:00 pm (end of the normal school day). Learning Tree will also be available at traditional times.
Bike Rodeo - Sept. 30
Time: Starts at 8:30 am. Different grade levels go at different times.
- For Kinder - 5th grade students
- Bikes can be dropped off the during our Academic Night day before, or on Friday by 7:35 am and must be picked up by the end of the school day, Friday, Sept. 30. (We are not responsible for injuries, lost or damaged bikes)
- Please drop off bikes in the gym.
- Please do not use the drop-off line to unload bikes.
- Walk the Bike with your student through the front door and a Staff Member or Student Helper will help your student if needed.
- Bikes and helmets should be labeled with the child's name, teacher and grade level.
September Important Dates:
Hispanic Heritage Month: Sept. 15 - Oct. 15
Freedom Week: Sept. 12-16
9/5 - No School - Labor Day
9/8 - Grandparents' Breakfast for last names A-L @ 6:45 - 7:40 am
9/8 - GT Parent Orientation in Library @ 5:00 pm
9/8 - PTA Meeting and Movie Night @ 5:45 pm
9/9 - Grandparents' Breakfast for last names M-Z @ 6:45 - 7:40 am
9/13 - CogAT Test for 3rd grade
9/15 - CogAT Test for 3rd grade
9/20 - CogAT Test for 3rd grade
9/21 - Early Release Day @ 11:45 am
9/26 - Progress Reports go out
9/29 - Academic Night @ 5:00 - 6:30 pm
9/30 - Bike Rodeo