BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWSLETTER
PURPLE NOTE - SEPTEMBER 3, 2020
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
The fifth grade mayor race is now open! The students are preparing to run for the mayor office The mayor election will be held on September 25th! We are excited to elect our student leader soon!
AR is open and please encourage your children to read, read, and read some more! The more children read, the more their knowledge, vocabulary, and comprehension will increase!
¡Tenemos actividades emocionantes aquí! Ha sido un gran comienzo y disfrutamos de todas las risas, el amor y las sonrisas de todos nuestros estudiantes :) ¡La carrera de alcalde de quinto grado ya está abierta! Los estudiantes se están preparando para postularse para el cargo de alcalde ¡La elección de alcalde se llevará a cabo el 25 de septiembre! ¡Estamos emocionados de elegir pronto a nuestro líder estudiantil! ¡AR está abierto y anime a sus hijos a leer, leer y leer un poco más! ¡Cuanto más lean los niños, más aumentará su conocimiento, vocabulario y comprensión!
Virtual Student Information:
We will be contacting you soon about our first round of progress monitoring assessments. They will be held on campus on September 14. All students are required to participate in MAP and BAS testing. We will let you know information on what time to arrive soon. If you are planning to return to face-to-face instruction for our next quarter, you must contact Mrs. Coffman by October 7th.
Nos comunicaremos con usted pronto acerca de nuestra primera ronda de evaluaciones de seguimiento del progreso. Se llevarán a cabo en el campus el 14 de septiembre. Todos los estudiantes deben participar en las pruebas MAP y BAS. Le informaremos a qué hora llegar pronto. Si planea regresar a la instrucción presencial para el próximo trimestre, debe comunicarse con la Sra. Coffman antes del 7 de octubre.
NEW MEADOW APPAREL
¡La oficina de la primaria está vendiendo ropa nueva de Meadow! La tienda solo está en línea y estará abierta hasta el 16 de septiembre. ¡También hay artículos para jóvenes disponibles! ¡Comparte con familiares y amigos! ¡Amamos esta pequeña ciudad y queremos mostrar nuestro orgullo!
Click here to enter The Meadow Store
- Practice letter recognition & sound: Aa, Hh, Vv, Xx
- Papers will go home on Friday, please clean out backpack
- Bring library books back on Tuesday
- Check snack list, we have 18 students.
- Bring water bottle every day
2. Sight Word Tests every Friday - study, study, study!
3. Saxon Phonics Oral Assessments every Friday
4. Bring library book every day - we get new books on Wednesday's
5. Bring water bottle every day
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Our Kinder October Parent/Teacher conference date will be decided very soon!
- Sight Word Test every Friday - this week 15 words.
- Spelling Test every Friday - study the words and sentences.
- Saxon Phonics Assessment every Friday.
- Practice addition facts Every night.
- Bring library book to school every day - we exchange books on Wednesdays.
- Please bring a water bottle EVERY day.
We will have a weekly math facts quiz each Friday. This week, our focus is on +3.
Be sure to bring your library book to school every day. We go to the Library as needed throughout the week and on each Friday.
Also, be sure to bring your water bottle each day!
Make sure your child is practicing their math facts every night. They will be tested on their fact each Friday. If they get a 100 on their test, they will get new math facts on Tuesdays.
We are learning how to round numbers to the nearest 10 and 100 in math. We are also learning how to estimate sums this coming week.
In science we are learning how changes in heat can change the state of matter of a solid, liquid or gas differently.
- Make sure your child is reading every night for 20 minutes and recording that in their reading log. I check reading logs everyday Tuesday.
- I have starting sending home spelling word lists for your child to practice reading. This list is not be to used to copy words each night but to show you what pattern we are working on for the week. They can use some of their 20 minutes of reading time each night to read over them. Some of those words will be chosen for the spelling test on Fridays.
- We are working on landforms this week.
Watch for graded papers to start coming home in purple folders!
Please make sure your child is studying his/her Math facts every night. We test on our facts every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
We have enjoyed learning about properties of matter. It's always fun to do investigations!
Watch for the purple folder that is sent home every Thursday with graded papers. Please check over these papers with your child to help them understand what they may have gotten wrong and why. Please sign the appropriate week, so that we know you have seen your child's grades, and return on Friday.
MAYOR SPEECHES, POSTERS, AND APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 11TH.Reading
- Spelling Test FRIDAY
- Please be sure all students have headphones for school, they use them daily!
- Read every night!
Social Studies- They were amazed when we found out Pocahontas was REAL!!! Everyone is so focused and learning about The New World
- Multiplication Math Facts: at least 10 minutes every night.
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS!!
Friday, September 4, 2020
PEP RALLY THEMES
BEAT THE HORNETS
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.