Cougar Pride News
Conway Elementary School - April 24, 2023
Hello Cougar Families!
Every School Day Counts!
As long as your child is healthy, please encourage showing up to class when school is in session. Every day of school is an important opportunity for students to learn as well as connect to peers and their teachers.
If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to call us at 603-447-3369 first thing in the morning.
CES Parent's Library!
Kennett High School - Key Club
The Kennett High School Key Club is putting on a Dance-A-Thon at the Conway Rec Center on Saturday, May 6th.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9 AM - 12 PM: Families with a child in 5th grade or under
- 1 PM - 4 PM: 6th - 8th graders
- 5 PM - 9 PM: 9th - 12th graders
The minimum donation to enter the event is 10 dollars. However, it is a fundraising event so if you raise more that is even better! All proceeds go to March of Dimes to help protect mothers and newborn babies.
Please reach out to Faculty Advisor Hattie Perkins at h_perkins@sau9 if you have any additional questions!
Swift River Cross Fit
For kids (grades 4-6), we will be adding Elementary School Fitness Foundations on Monday and Wednesdays from 3:45-4:30 pm starting on May 1 and running for 6 weeks until June 7. The programming for this class will be age appropriate and introduce strength programming using dumbbells, medicine balls and more. Our goal will be to create a solid foundation for participants to pursue health and wellness whether it be for sport or everyday life.
If you are a member, you can sign up for these programs through the Swift River CrossFit member app by going to Menu>Plans. For non-members, please use the following link:
- Elementary Fitness Foundations - Sign up Here!
- Grades 4-6
- May 1 - June 7
- Mon/ Wed
- 3:45 - 4:30 pm
If you have questions about any of these programs, or which to select for your athlete, please respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that with additional opportunities, we are able to help your youth athletes reach their goals and athletic potential!
- If at any time your contact information changes or your emergency contacts, such as an address or phone number please let us know immediately. It is important for us to have current information.
- If your child is going home a different way than usual, we need to know before the end of the day (the earlier the better). Thank you for your help with this.
- Students may bring devices (phones, ipods, smart watches etc.) to school. However, the devices will be placed in backpacks for the duration of the school day. CES is not responsible for lost or missing items.
For any student to be able to receive free meals, families must take one of the following actions:
Enroll in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
This program can be applied for online at: NH EASY
Submit a meal benefit application to our school district
Applications can be submitted online at: EZMealApp
Funds can be added to student accounts online at any time at: EZSchoolPay
Funds can also be added to student accounts by check made out to Conway School District submitted to Conway Elementary.
Week of April 24 - April Break
April 24 - Conway School Board @ 6:30 in the PD Center
May 4 -26 - NH SAS Testing (Grades 3-6)
May 10 - Arts Night Festival/Variety Show from 5-7pm
May 25 - Grades 5/6 Track and Field Meet @ KHS
May 31 - Spring Band/Chorus COncert @ 6:00