Goshen Center School
Regional School District No. 6
Principal's Message for September 10, 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
I have received very positive feedback regarding the new e-blast format. If you have any further suggestions for improvement, please let me know.
With full support from Superintendent Drapp and the Board of Education, our students are being provided with educational opportunities that promote a love for learning. Teachers are designing learning experiences using resources that promote high levels of engagement. For example, each student in grades 3-6 has a Chromebook computer assigned to them in school. Pk-2 students have access to iPads. This technology allows students to have more choice and voice in pursuing their learning interests. Additionally, the district's revised homework policy allows teachers to personalize learning experiences outside of the classroom so that students can build upon their strengths and areas of interest. These opportunities personalize learning for our students. I look forward to sharing more examples of student-centered learning with you as the year progresses.
Please note the following:
- Our annual BOOK BLAST & BARBECUE will take place THIS EVENING (9/10/15) from 5:00PM to 7:00PM at Wamogo, Rain or Shine!
- PTO meeting is September 15th 4:30 p.m. in the G.C.S. Gathering Room.
- OPEN HOUSE is Wednesday, September 16th, from 5:30PM to 7:00PM. Come see your child's classroom, meet the teacher and enjoy popcorn and snow cones provided by the PTO!
- The Annual GCS HARVEST LUNCHEON is Friday, September 25th. Sign Up Here
- GCS SCHOOL PHOTOS are scheduled for Thursday, September 17th & 18th. Click on this link to learn more. Classes/Times will be coming home tomorrow with your child.
- VOLUNTEERS needed. If you are able to volunteer on Thursday between 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. or Friday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for 2 or 3 hour blocks please call Wanda Wiig @860-491-6020.
Heather Norris is a professional photographer, opened her boutique-style portrait studio in Bethlehem, CT after graduating from The Hallmark Institute of Photography, Greenfield, MA in 2009. Heather serves the greater Litchfield County community in capturing beautiful portraiture of families, children, and pets. Her creativity and attention to detail bring out the best in her clients. She focuses on making the photography experience fun and enjoyable, and strives to create heirloom quality portraiture that brings joy for a lifetime.Heather resides in Bethlehem, with her husband, three children, and your "mutt" Kinsley Jane.
Flyers are linked here:
- Girl Scouts Information
- Science Club at the Goshen Public Library
- Musical Program at the Goshen Public Library
- After School Activities at White Memorial
- Family Nature Day
Please contact me with questions, comments or concerns.