Week 10: October 11-15, 2021
MONDAY - 10/11
- Homecoming Intro Assembly (Amphitheater) Lunch
- Breast Cancer Toy Sale (Girls League) Lunch
- Key Club General Meeting (Gym) Lunch
- V Girls Golf vs Wilson @ Mountain Meadows TBD
- COVID Testing - (Athletics) - PCR 2:00 PM
- COVID TESTING - WVUSD COMMUNITY: Faculty Parking Lot 4:00 - 6:00 PM
TUESDAY - 10/12
- Roulette Wheel Lunchtime Activity (Upper Quad) Lunch
- National Guard (Virtual) Lunch
- Boba Sale (Chinese Culture & History Club) 3:00 PM
- V Girls Tennis vs Walnut Home 3:15 PM
- JV Girls Tennis vs Walnut Home 3:15 PM
- V Volleyball vs Walnut Home 5:30 PM
- JV Volleyball vs Walnut Home 4:15 PM
- F/S Volleyball vs Walnut Home 3:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - 10/13
- Stop Bullying Day Lunchtime Activity Lunch
- Girls League General Meeting (Theater) Lunch
- DB NHS General Meeting (Gym) Lunch
- Sunshine Club General Meeting (Room 304) Lunch
- UC Riverside (Virtual) Lunch
- Panda Express Fundraiser (Drama)
- All Day Performing Arts Outdoor Recital (300 BLDG) 3:00 - 7:00 PM
- V Boys Water Polo @ Walnut 3:15 PM
- JV Boys Water Polo @ Walnut 4:15 PM
- V Girls Golf vs Wilson @ Industry Hills TBD
- JV Girls Golf vs Troy @ Fullerton GC TBD
- V Cross Country @ Bonelli Park 3:15 PM
THURSDAY - 10/14
- Raise Awareness about Mental Health (Upper Quad) Lunch
- University of Redlands (Virtual) 11:45 AM
- Virtual Financial Aid Workshop 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- V Boys Water Polo @ Downey 3:15 PM
- JV Boys Water Polo @ Downey 4:15 PM
- V Volleyball vs Rowland Home 5:30 PM
- JV Volleyball vs Rowland Home 4:15 PM
- F/S Volleyball vs Rowland Home 3:15 PM
- V Girls Tennis vs Rowland Home 3:15 PM
- JV Girls Tennis @ Rowland 3:15 PM
- F Football @ Ontario 3:15 PM
FRIDAY - 10/15 HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME
- George Washington University (Virtual) 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Johns Hopkins University Lunch
- V Football vs Ontario Home 7:00 PM
SATURDAY - 10/16
- ACTUAL PSAT TEST
- V Cross Country @ Bell Gardens Invite 8:00 AM
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
Regular ticket sales continue in the USB Room at lunch or online through the Webstore.
Visit the webstore Here:
Regular Ticket Prices increase to:
$75 with activity card
$80 without activity card
HOCO ticket sales will officially end on October 19, so go get your tickets as soon as possible.
Pick up a Homecoming Behavior Agreement in the USB room or print the form below. This will need to be signed and turned in at the time of purchase.
October 2021 - Students of the Month
Every month, each of our GLCs has an opportunity to recognize one student who they feel is representative of the qualities they would like all Brahmas to display. Here are the students being recognized in the month of October 2021.
Keira Murry 9th
James Robinson 12th
Isaac Insuasti 9th
Aleena Hernandez 11th
Kaitlyn Torres 11th
JJ Smith 10th
Jeremiah Jung 10th
Hector Liu 12th
Hello Seniors and Senior Parents,
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please click on the Senior Ad picture below for all of the information!
This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at email@example.com.
Boys Soccer Tryouts
- Monday, October 11, 5:30-7:30 PM (New and Returning Players)
- Tuesday, October 12, 5:30-7:30 PM (New and Returning Players)
- Wednesday, October 13, 5:30-7:30 PM (INVITE ONLY)
- DBHS Stadium
What to bring?
- Shin guards
*ALL athletes must be cleared BEFORE tryouts (athleticclearance.com).
Contact Coach Orosco if you have any questions Porosco@wvusd.org
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Eligibility Center
Attention Senior Student-Athletes:
If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels and are in contact with college coaches, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER.
*Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Mr. Patterson, our NCAA GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2022 should register at this time.
Print3d Works members Michael Padilla and Chris Hoppe have worked on designing a window and door wrap to represent our Brahma pride on the face of the Administration Office.
Together, both members worked on prototyping using Adobe Illustrator and visualizing their work in the real world through the use of 3D modeling software. They hung up their work to be seen by our school’s administration and students.
Thanks to our amazing Print3d Works crew for helping promote Brahma Pride across campus and showing what great work Print3d Works can accomplish!
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.
English Learner Advisory Committee!
Diamond Bar High School
English Learner Advisory Committee
21400 Pathfinder Rd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
You are invited to become an active voice in the educational programs for English learners (ELs) by becoming a member of the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC). By participating in ELAC, you will:
- Learn more about the programs offered to English learners
- Participate in the school’s needs assessment
- Advise the principal and school staff on positive and effective strategies for teaching English learners
- Provide valuable input on ways to support full participation of ELs in all school activities
- Provide input on effective ways to ensure regular school attendance
ELAC members are elected by the parents of English learners yet the parents/guardians of all students are welcome to participate.
The first ELAC meeting will take place on October 12 via Zoom at 6:30 p.m. At that time, we will discuss the roles and responsibilities of ELAC members, nominate and vote for parent and school site representatives, and discuss future meeting days and times.
I hope you will be able to join me for this meeting and consider nominating yourself or another parent/guardian to become an ELAC member for this school year. If you are interested in becoming an ELAC parent representative, please fill out this Google Form (shorturl.at/jmqE5).
Here is the Zoom meeting information:
Topic: ELAC Parent Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 1663 6415