Ms. Austin's Kindergarten
Newsletter, December 4, 2015
Things We Celebrate
Languages We Speak
Our Classroom Door Decoration
Each child decorated their own ornament to make our door festive for the holidays!
- Interrupted Counts
- Meet the Calculator
- Roll and Record with 2 Dice
- Body Shapes
- Shape Comparisons
- No Library this week! We will go and shop at the Book Fair during our Library time on Monday.
- Readers use all they know to make story predictions.
- Readers need extra-strength Reread Power to bring their stories to life!
- -es Family
- -ot Family
- -op Family
Social Studies/Religion: Christmas lessons and Christmas crafts! I love this season!
- Adding details to our illustrations to show what is happening outside (ex. through the window)
- When an author wants to focus on something important they draw it much bigger and focus in on it (Zoom in).
- Zooming out to see the whole scene
- Facial expressions to show feelings
- High Frequency Words
Also, LOTS of practices for the Christmas Program!
Verse of the Week
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up, according to their need, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29
Thomas Jefferson spoke these very important words about responsibility. How would you explain these words to another student?
“Whenever you are to do a thing, though it can never be know but to yourself, ask yourself how you would act were all the world looking at you, and act accordingly.” -Thomas Jefferson
Ms. Thong's Christmas Program
It is that time of year, where the Christmas program is approaching fast, here is some important information regarding the program:
When: Monday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m. (please arrive by 6:20 p.m.)
Where: High School Gym
What to wear: Holiday clothes- nice clothes; dresses, skirts, slacks, nice shirts. Please try to avoid wearing jeans and tennis shoes
Songs: All of the songs and lyrics are on Ms. Biank's website. Click the link and you can practice at home:
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
December 7-11- ES Book Fair (Our class shops on Monday, Dec. 7th)
December 12- Zavier's Birthday!
December 14- Christmas Program Performance for our class! The program starts at 6:30 p.m.
December 17- All School Christmas Assembly
Early Dismissal Day 11:30
January 6- School starts back!
January 12- Free dress day for all students if they make a 5 rmb donation to the Will Foundation at school!