Wildcat Roar Newsletter
September 4 to Septembre 8 2023
A Note from Ms. Guzmán
It's hard to believe we just wrapped up our first week of school. Time flies when you're having fun and learning in Cesar Chavez Dual Spanish Immersion. The students were energetic and excited to be in the building. Our staff matched their energy and were welcoming and building relationships.
A few reminders for our families
- Drop off- Students should be ready to leave the car. Parents should not leave the vehicle during the drop-off.
- Dismissal- Ensure your number is visible when you pick up your child. If you still don't have a number, please call Ms. Amaya.
- If you need to make a change to your child's dismissal, make sure you complete the Transportation Change Form by 2:15 pm
- Water Bottles - Please send a refillable bottle each day with your child. Although we have water bottles at our school, it is preferable to use reusable bottles to avoid the use of plastic bottles. Remember, we are a green school.
- Be sure to get connected on Class Dojo if you haven't already. Use this link to join our school https://www.classdojo.com/ul/p/addKid?target=school&schoolID=55807f2f6f0c41f11aa7b11d
As you know, our county, and therefore our school, is significantly impacted by the continuous shortage of qualified bus drivers (approximately 223 at this time). Due to this shortage, the following bus routes do not have a permanently assigned driver.
AM ROUTES: 162, 165, 170
PM ROUTES: 161, 165, 167
The transportation office will make alternative arrangements to ensure all students are picked up from the school at the earliest times possible; however, you can expect these students to most likely be late until this is resolved. We encourage parents to support us by transporting their kids to school if possible.
Teachers' Wish List:
Pick an item or two and donate needed supplies to our classrooms if you can.