A Child Called It
In a life or death situation, this would be a great book to read. It really opens your eyes to the world of child abuse, and you don't realize what these poor children have to go through.
3 Things I like about this book
- You don't want to stop reading because you want to find out what happens.
- It opens your eyes to the world of child abuse.
- It made me grateful for my parents.
2 things I did not like
- You have to read the next book to get more information.
- It is kind of depressing.
Favorite Quote: Pg. 98, "I felt proud of myself. I imagine myself like a character in a comic book, who overcame great odds and survived."
I like this quote because it was empowering when he made it through the difficult times.
I would recommend this book to anyone, but mainly to children who don't appreciate their parents. It makes you grateful for what you have.