Friday, May 6, 2016
Post-Walkathon All-Principal Challenge
Brentwood's principal Mr. Underwood finished the challenge as 1st Runner Up. Way to go Mr. Underwood. Mrs. Hamlin's 2nd grade class, enjoyed the competition live as their reward for earning the most donations for Brentwood during the Walkathon.
5th Grade Parent Meeting MONDAY
2016-2017 Kindergarten Call Out!!!
In addition to the enrollment packet we will need a copy of your child's official birth certificate, a copy of their immunization records, a copy of your lease or purchase agreement for your residence, and a copy of a current utility bill.
Kindergarten Screenings are scheduled for Wednesday, May 11, 2016 so please contact our office ASAP to be included in these screenings.
Brentwood's Book Fair 2016 - NEXT WEEK
We will have our annual Book Fair the week of May 9-13, 2016. The Book Fair will be open to students during the school day and to families on May 10th from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
This is a great time to grab some GREAT books for your students (and yourself!) at GREAT prices!
4th Grade NEEDS Volunteers for Math Fact Challenge Celebration
If you are able to help with this event during 4th grade's jump time (and have an approved background check on file with the office) please sing up through the Signup Genius http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4dafab22a2fc1-math.
Looking for Field Day Volunteers
If you want to help with Field Day, and have not received a sign-up paper from Mrs. Eakes please contact her by email or phone. email@example.com phone: 839-4802 ext. 3106.
Grades 3-5 will participate in the morning, grades K-2 will participate in the afternoon. All volunteers must have a background check on file.
5th Grade Awards Breakfast
Good luck in Middle School Students!
New field for parent info in PowerSchool
The Indiana General Assembly recently enacted House Enrolled Act 1319, which requires school corporations to annually report if a student’s parent or guardian is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States and meets the following criteria:
- is on active duty,
- is an active member of the reserve component of a branch of the Armed Forces, or
- is an active member of the National Guard.
In order to make it simple for those parents who are serving our country in one of these capacities, we’ve added a section to Power School. All parents will see this the next time they log in to Power School. If you meet the above criteria, please check the appropriate box. Likewise, you can select ‘no’ if this does not apply. Please note that the information is to be noted for each student enrolled in our schools.
We must compile this data for the current academic year; going forward, it will become part of the annual registration and information update process.
We greatly appreciate your help as we update these records.
Join Our Team!
Are you lookng for a part-time job? Are you looking to earn some extra income while your kids are at school? Would you enjoy preparing and/or serving healthy food to children?
No nights, weekends or holidays!
We are currently looking for energetic, upbeat people to fill open positions in the cafeterias within PCSC.
Positions Open: Substitute but could lead to a permanent position
Experience: No experience required, Kitchen experience helpful
To apply: Please complete an application online (can be accessed at www.plainfield.k12.in.us) under the employment tab.
If you have any questions please contact Kelly Collins at 317-838-3662.
Lunchroom No-Charge Policy Going into Effect
If your child's account is in the negative and they do NOT have a lunch, they will have to call home to have a lunch or money brought to them.
Mobile Dentist at Brentwood May 13
If you are interested in your child seeing our Mobile Dentists on May 13th please contact Nurse Gyori at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 838-3652 immediately.
Brentwood Will Run Mini-Marathon
Brentwood's after-school Running Club for 4th and 5th grade students offered the opportunity to students through the KidsFit program they are enrolled in to participate in the 500 Festival Finish Line 5K part of the Mini-Marathon on May 7th. The following students are choosing to participate this year.
Our club members have been working hard, are excited and a little nervous for the big run. Please join us in wishing all our students and staff who are participating in
the Mini-Marathon "Good Luck"!
Participating 5th Grade Students:
Participating 4th Grade Students:
Participating Staff Members:
2016-2017 NEW School Hours
~2016 PCSC Summer Camps~
2016 Strength & Speed Camp - Incoming 1-8th Grade Students
Questions should be directed to Mr. Vanderbush at 317-839-7711.
Cost of Camp is $50 ($30 for additional siblings). Make checks payable to Randy Vanderbush and mail to:
Plainfield High School
Mr. Randy Vanderbush
1 Red Pride Drive
Plainfield, IN 46168
1st - 5th Grade Camp Dates and Times:
Wednesdays & Fridays
June 1, 2, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24 & 29; July 13, 15, 20, 22 & 27 (14 Workouts!!!)
9-10 a.m. in Field House
6th - 8th Grade Camp Dates and Times:
May 31; June 2, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27, 28 & 30; July 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 21, 25, 26 & 28 (22 Sessions!!!)
Camp Invention - for children entering 1st - 6th grades
June 13-17, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Innovation, creative problem-solving and teamwork are important to us at Camp Invention. Here's how some young innovators will be spending their time at camp:
- Brainstorming product ideas and building original prototypes using real tools and components found in everyday devices.
- Exploring the lives of giant insects, colorful animals and their environments.
- Construction and personalizing a DIY solar-powered cricket with a unique habitat.
- Discovering the science of slime, demolition, electronic sound, giant squid and coding.
More program information can be found at www.campinvention.org.
Camp Invention Registration Info:
Avon Intermediate School East
174 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 46123
Online Application: http://inventnow-web.ungerboeck.com/programsearch/moreinfo.aspx?event=14625
Directed by Nancy Moon
(Save $15 when you register by May 10th and use promo code SPRING)
2016 Plainfield Summer Tennis
Please refer to the schedule below for dates and fees. Registration should be mailed to:
5420 Pinto Lane
Plainfield, IN 46168
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
2016-2017 Brentwood Safety Meeting
Your child's education AND safety are our top priorities here at Plainfield School Corporation. If you want to know MORE about your child's safety within our schools please mark your calendars and plan to attend the 2016-2017 Brentwood Safety Meeting for parents scheduled for Thursday, August 18th at 6p.m.
Parents: Earn Money for Brentwood Just by Shopping!
Brentwood is Enrolled in Amazon Smile Program & Kroger Rewards!
1. Amazon Smile
- Shop at the Amazon Smile website (different link than regular amazon.com)
- Search for "Brentwood Elementary PTO" to designate us as your Non-Profit
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us
1. Kroger Community Rewards Website
- NPO Number 74295
2. Shoparoo Website
- Sign up using code: cror5868
Please have your Kroger Card handy before starting enrollment! If you don't have a Kroger Card you can pick one up for free at the customer service desk.
Brentwood on Social Media
Transportation Arrival & Dismissal Info
All car riders arriving in the morning should be dropped off in our car rider lane NOT in our Visitor Parking lot. This ensures they are not crossing over any traffic.
If you child is being dropped off late an adult must come into the office and sign them in.
Student Arrivals (bus riders):If your child rides the bus to school and will be eating breakfast in the cafeteria please talk to them about going straight to the cafeteria to get their breakfast. This will give them the most time to eat as healthy of a breakfast as possible.
- If you need to change your child's dismissal instructions the best way to do this is to send a signed note to your child's teacher.
- If this is impossible please call the office NO LATER THAN 2:30 p.m. to ensure the dismissal change gets to your child's teacher in a timely matter.
If you are permanently changing how your child goes home or if you move please notify our office at 317-839-4802, as well as Transportation at 317-838-3632, and submit a new Transportation Form to the office.
Volunteer News & Information:
- Volunteer Background Agreement
- Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement (ask at front office the first time you come in to volunteer)
- Read & understand our Emergency Procedures Handout (ask for your copy at the front office)
- Read & understand our "Facts about Bullying" handout (ask for your copy at the front office)
Some guidelines to follow when volunteering at Brentwood (please refer to our handbook for more):
- You may only take photos of your own child. Photos may not be taken of friends or other students and should NEVER be posted on social media sources without the consent of the classroom teacher and the other parents.
- You should avoid taking or making phone calls while supervising students unless for an emergency or communication is needed on a field trip.
- You should not bring other children along on a field trip.
- You must immediately report incidents or suspected incidents of bullying, physical, and/or verbal aggression to a teacher.
"Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer." ~Author Unknown