2013-2014 "Data Story"
2013-2014 EOY Student Enrollment
Total Enrollment = 606
*Current enrollment for 2014-2015 = 504
Data Trends in Student Demographics
- As is evidenced in the charts below, Austin Elementary continues to grow increasingly more ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse.
- We have a current Section 504 population of 21 students and a Special Education population of 34 students (including Pre-School Speech "Walk-In" students).
Teacher Experience Data (for 2012-2013)
- Beginning Teacher- 17.2%
- 1-5 Years- 15.5%
- 6-10 Years- 20%
- 11-20 Years- 32.9%
- Over 20 Years- 14.3%
STAAR Performance Data (for 2013-2014)
Austin Elementary experienced growth in all content areas (except Science) and in all grade level cohorts. This growth trend holds true for both "Met Standard" and "Advanced" performance. See below for growth comparisons between 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.
Grade/Subject Comparison by Year
Sub Pop Breakdown With Areas of Concern (by Grade Level by Year)
- We are maintaining (rather than closing) achievement gaps between our Eco Disad and Hispanic subpops and our All Students group.
- Inconsistent growth in 5th grade across the 3 years and content areas. Possible contributors? Personnel changes, "Loop" was not true.
- 3rd grade 2014 performance speaks to effectiveness of loop.