Tiger News for Garfield Families
Garfield Elementary news, updates and information
Launching into 2022-2023! Believe!
What a great turnout we had for our Back-to-School event this week! If you were unable to attend and would like to receive a backpack and school supplies please stop by our office anytime from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm to get those.
Tiger News for Garfield Families
- You will receive important information via this electronic newsletter. At the top will be the week at-a-glance as well as a look-ahead to important events coming up. All documents, links and details are embedded in the newsletter making this an important hub for us to communicate and share resources. Please note the translation and accessibility features.
- You can (and please do!) reach me via email email@example.com, phone 425-385-4700, or text 425-327-2507 any time. I will respond within 24 hours unless during holiday.
It's Back to School Time!
Wednesday September 7
- First Day of School for First Grade - Fifth Grade
- Learning Improvement Friday, dismissal at 2:15 pm
Monday September 12
- First Day of School for Kindergarten
- Let's Connect Event at Madison Elementary 6-7 pm (see below for details)
- Showcase of Learning 5:30 - 6:30 pm
If you were unable to attend our Back-to-School night event last week, please feel free to come to the office Tuesday September 6 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. We have backpacks and supplies for all the students that need them.
2022-2023 Garfield Elementary Information
- Students may arrive on campus no earlier than 9:00 am.
- Kindergarteners will enter through the Kindergarten gate at the end of the drive-through carline outside the Kindergarten classrooms.
- Bus Riders will enter at the gate on Pine Street.
- 1st – 3rd Graders will enter through the main office gate and line up in the covered area.
- 4th and 5th Graders will enter through the main gate and line up in the cafeteria to begin breakfast immediately.
- All students will have breakfast (free for all students) to start their day. Students in grades Kindergarten through Third grade will eat in their classrooms and begin morning social-emotional learning at 9:15 am. Fourth and Fifth graders will begin their breakfast at 9:00 in the cafeteria and go to their classrooms at 9:15 am. Any students arriving late will receive breakfast.
- All students will be eating in the cafeteria; a free lunch is available for all students or student can bring their own lunch.
- All students will be dismissed at 3:30 pm (Mondays-Thursdays), 2:15 pm (Fridays)
- Kindergarteners will be dismissed from the Kindergarten gate at the end of the drive-through carline outside Kindergarten classrooms.
- 1st – 5th Graders will be dismissed from the courtyard and covered area through the main gate. Parents are encouraged to use the drive-through lane. Carline tags to hang from your passenger side mirror will be provided to increase the efficiency and speed of dismissal. If you have one from last year and want to reuse it - great! Tags will be given out the first week of school.
- Please make sure to keep your student home if they are sick. Students may return after they have had no diarrhea, vomiting or Fever (less than 100.4°F) for 24 hours.
We look forward to seeing your student at school each and every day. Regular school attendance is important, and we will work with you to ensure your child is present and benefiting from a world-class education. Remember - if you show, you grow!
Please report your student's absence by calling or emailing the school.
Attendance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance Line: 425-385-4705
When reporting attendance, please provide the following information:
- Student name:
- Student ID:
- Reported by:
If you leave a voicemail, please provide a written note or email within 30 days of your student’s first day back to school. If you need assistance or would like recommendations on how to help ensure your student's regular school attendance, please contact your student's teacher, or our school counselor, Mrs. Dubin (email@example.com).
Meals at Garfield
Community Eligibility Program (CEP) update for 2022-23. As we continue to return to ‘normal’ the USDA is not able to extend the ‘free meals for all’ waiver program for all schools any longer. Our school qualifies for CEP which means school meals continue to be free for all students at our school, regardless of free and reduced lunch qualification.
Even though meals at our school are at no charge, it is important for families to fill out the Family Income Report to qualify and provide students access to fee waivers and other services and provide our district access to federal and state funding.
Check your email to fill out the Family Income Report or click here for the English and Spanish electronic versions of the forms.
Click www.everettsd.org/FoodNutritionServices or to Garfield Elementary's homepage for more information.
Breakfast at Garfield!
Let's Connect in Region One!
You are invited to connect with the Region One Regional Superintendent, Pete Misner, to engage in conversation about Back to School and to provide feedback to help us improve. We want to hear from you and hope you can attend an in-person meeting to share your thoughts.
Topic: Back to School
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 6 - 7 p.m.
Location: Madison Elementary School
Questions that will be posed:
- What are the academic needs your student may have?
- What does student achievement mean to you?
Spike is so excited for the 2022-2023 school year. He is still wearing a mask but masks are optional for students and staff to wear at this time.
At Garfield we are PAWSitively awesome. We show are Tiger Pride by being respectful, responsible, safe and kind. This year we are focused on our mindsets - we BELIEVE. We believe in ourselves and each other and we know each and every one of us will achieve to high levels. Go Tigers!
We will be celebrating our Tiger Pride on Fridays! Students will be encouraged to show their Tiger Pride by wearing Garfield Elementary gear on Fridays! All new students and students that have outgrown their blue shirts from last year will receive new blue Garfield elementary shirts during the first few weeks of school.