Little Viking Newsletter
I would like to thank everyone who participated and contributed to our PTO’s Walk-a-thon Fundraiser. It is always exciting to hear the children talk about this special day! Special thank you’s go out to Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Maubach, Mrs. Mouser, Mrs. Bruce, Mrs. Goff, and all of our PTO members who spent many hours planning such a great day for our children. We were able to raise over $8500 that will go towards special events and programs sponsored by the PTO!
I would like to thank all of our parents who were able to attend the grade level orientations, Open House, and the Picnic in the Park. We had a great turnout! We are thrilled to have such interested and enthusiastic parents. We truly appreciate the fact that you made time in your schedule to come and spend the evening with us. We have a great staff here at Tri-Valley and your continued support is only going to help us ensure that all of our students are successful and making positive strides forward here at TVES!
Hats off to all of your efforts to ensure your child is attending school on a regular basis. Please consider scheduling appointments so that your child misses the least amount of school possible. We are in the midst of an ambitious journey together, balancing your child’s need to play and further develop social skills while at the same time working towards math, reading, and writing skills. We highly value your child’s steady attendance.
Sara Burnett, Principal
Parent Teacher Conferences!
Our Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on October 22-23rd. These days are critical to your child’s success here at school. We need your support and input to help make important decisions about your child’s educational experience here at Tri-Valley. Please plan to attend if at all possible. If you have not yet signed up for a conference time, please contact your child’s teacher. If you have questions about Parent-Teacher Conferences or anything about school, please do not hesitate to give me a call.
Updates and Reminders
- If you work at State Farm and are willing to participate in the State Farm Education Grant program, please let me know. State Farm will give up to $500 for classroom use with 40 hours of volunteer service. This can include helping with our class parties, helping with math centers and prepping work at home (cutting, gluing, organizing for art projects and center activities)
- When planning for your child’s Halloween costume, please remember scary costumes and fake weapons should not be brought to school. We have many young children that can be easily frightened and we want this day to be fun and enjoyable for all of our students.
- When phoning in a student's absence, please list the reason with your message - eg. stomach flu, respiratory illness, dr. appointment, sore throat, fever, etc. This enables us to keep a more accurate record of reasons for absences.
- Please visit the TVES webpage often. The page now has scrolling messages regarding upcoming events and we have been adding new teacher websites. If you have any comments or recommendations, please let me know.
- After school arrangements for students/bus changes: If there is a change in regular dismissal routine, please send a written note to school for all after school departure changes. This will help your child avoid confusion at dismissal time. If we do not have a note, your child will go home in the usual manner.
- With the weather turning colder, please be sure to put your child’s name inside every jacket, coat, hat, and mittens. Every year we donate a large amount of items that were never claimed from the lost and found.
Calendar of Events
October 16: End of 1st Quarter
October 21: Report cards sent homeOctober 22: Early dismissal at 11:40, Parent/Teacher Conferences from 1:00-8:00
October 23: No School, Parent/Teacher Conferences from 8:00-12:00
October 27: Picture Retake Day
October 30: Halloween parade at 1:30, parties start immediately following
November 6: Veteran's Day parade and assembly at 9:30 at the Middle School
November 25-27: Thanksgiving Break
December 16: Kindergarten and 2nd grade Christmas program at 7:00 at the Middle School
December 17: Christmas parties at 1:30
December 18: End of 2nd Quarter, Early dismissal at 1:40
December 21-January 1: No School
January 4: Students return to school
January 15: Early dismissal at 11:40, School Improvement Day
January 18: No School