Kennedy Parent Newsletter
A HUGE thank you to the 293 out of 488 Students & Parents who came in for assessments!!
First Day of School is Wednesday, August 25th !
School Start and End Times
School start time is 8:02 am and dismissal time is 2:24 pm. Doors will open at 7:47 am. Do not drop children off any earlier than 7:47 am to ensure that students are supervised.
Grades K - 2 enter through Main Door (6); Grades 3 - 5 enter through Gym Doors (7)
All doors will be available to exit.
DROP OFF PROCEDURES:
If you drop off your child or children at school, we ask that you be kind and patient to others in the drop off loop. If the loop gets congested, you can pull to the tennis court for extra parking and drop off space.
- Have your child ready to get out of the car once you are stopped. Have their backpack and device beside them, so they can exit the car as quickly as possible..
- All children being dropped off in the loop should get out on the passenger side door.
- Adults are to ALWAYS remain in the vehicle.
- If your child needs assistance in dressing or gathering their belongings, please park in the parking lot to assist them. Fast drop offs keeps the drop off line flowing.
- The north loop is for buses and daycares only, not for parent drop off or parent pick up.
- Parents picking up Kindergarten & 1st grade students, please park on the south side of 44th Ave ONLY for the safety of your children. We do not want them crossing the street to get into your cars.
- Pull up as far as you are able.
- Be courteous to staff and others while dropping off - they are they are they to assist with the safety of dropping off and picking up of of your child/ren.
We are getting geared up for the 2021-22 school year. Thank you for your patience as we have worked out the details for back to school this year. This newsletter contains A LOT of information and can be a bit overwhelming but we are hoping it will serve as a resource for you as you prepare your child for back to school at Kennedy. We are so excited to get the school year underway!
The federal government required masks be worn by all passengers and the driver on buses.
Extra Mask - Please send extra masks in your students backpack. Thank you.
COVID Testing - REMEMBER: if any member of your family is tested- please make sure you keep your students home until the test results have been received. Please share the results with the school. Thank you for continuing to keep us up-to-date.
Thank you for your cooperation and showing other's empathy and kindness. We look forward to having everyone back in the building together!
OPEN HOUSE NIGHT /PARENT NIGHT
Please help us with our daily attendance by calling the school if your child is absent. By calling the school we are able to insure that your child is safe and accounted for each day.
Please call the office ( 446-4206) or email Dawn Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child arrives at school after the bell rings at 8:02 AM, they will need to stop at the office to get a tardy slip before going to the classroom.
APPOINTMENTS: If you need to pick up your student for an appointment during the school day, come to door 6 and ring the security bell to enter the school. You must wear a mask into the school. Your child will be called down to the office once you arrive and you may sign them out at that time.
COVID-19 Students and staff will be sent home with 2 or more symptoms.
Students are to stay home if:
- have a fever of 100.0 or higher
- are vomiting (within the past 24-hours)
- have diarrhea (within the past 24-hours)
- have headlice (including nits)
- have an eye infection (pink eye). Symptoms include red eyes, itching, and /or drainage.
Students are ready to return to school when:
- They have been fever free for 24-hours without the sue of fever reducing medications (i.e., Tylenol or Motrin).
- Free from vomiting for at least 2 solid meals.
- Free from diarrhea for 24-hours.
- Treated with appropriate lice treatment at home and a head check appears "clear" (the absence of lice and nits).
2021-22 School Year Information message from Dr. Gandhi
This message is to update you on the 2021-22 school year. At the August 10 Fargo Board of Education meeting, Board members approved implementing COVID-19 mitigation strategies recommended by Fargo Cass Public Health for the 2021-22 school year. These recommendations are due to the changing conditions in our community regarding COVID-19 and the impacts of the COVID-19 Delta variant. The recommendations include:
- Universal masking for all staff, students, and visitors to buildings, regardless of vaccination status or community transmission rates. Masks will be required inside all Fargo Public School buildings for the 2021-22 school year starting on Monday, August 16.
- Students and staff staying home when experiencing ill symptoms and getting tested for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 post-exposure guidelines of:
- Mask to mask exposure: exemption to quarantine
- Fully vaccinated contacts: if no symptoms, no quarantine but should monitor for symptoms.
- If one or both individuals are unmasked: 14-day quarantine. Contacts may release from quarantine after day 10 if no symptoms or after day 7 with a negative test collected on day 5 or later.
Additionally, masks are required for all riders and drivers on Fargo Public Schools (FPS) transportation, including school buses and activity buses due to a federal requirement.
This decision at our Board meeting will lead to additional information forthcoming from administrators on how these recommendations will be implemented in our schools. Please watch for information coming from the school district and your child’s school.
FPS continues to be grateful for your understanding, cooperation, and flexibility during these difficult times. During the Board discussion tonight, it was clearly evident that all of us are here to fulfill our mission of educating and empowering all students to succeed.
FPS will continue to work closely with Fargo Cass Public Health regarding COVID-19. If recommendations change, FPS will adapt and communicate accordingly.
Rupak Gandhi, Ph.D.
Fargo Public Schools
415 4th St. N.
Fargo, ND 58102
MID-MORNING BEVERAGE BREAK
FIRST SEMESTER -
Students K-5 will have a choice of 1% white milk, fat free chocolate milk or orange juice. First semester milk will begin on Monday, August 30, 2021 through Friday, January 14, 2022. The cost will be $0.35 per day @ 85 days or $29.75 for the first semester. Payments can be made when logging into PowerSchool and selecting SchoolPay or by dropping a check off in the office. Please indicate your child's name and beverage choice in the memo on your check.
NEW CREDIT CARD PROCESSING FEES
Beginning July 1, 2021 Fargo Public Schools implemented a $1.00 convenience fee on credit and debit card transactions, due to increasing processing costs. Payments made over $200 will incur a 3.99%
processing fee for charges not related to student registration, food services, or student activities. This charge is collected through SchoolPay and used to offset processing costs. Read more about why this processing fee is being implemented here.
DATES TO REMEMBER
September 2 - OPEN HOUSE / PARENT NIGHT
A - L - Attend 5:15 - 6:00 pm
M - Z - Attend 6:00 - 6:45 pm
September 6 - No School - Labor Day
September 9 - Thunder Road - PTA Event
September 13 - Walk-A-Thon - PTA Event
- 6:30 pm - PTA Meeting - Hybrid
- 7:15 pm - State of School
September 14 - Walk-A-Thon - PTA Event
September 17 - Bike/Walk to School
September 27 - No School
October 4 - 6:30 PTA Meeting
October 6 - Picture Day