Forensic Science Technician
By: Noah Chang 9th Hour
About the Forensic Scientists
- Work 40 hours a week.
- Examine and identify physical evidence from crime scenes.
- They perform many tests to analyze DNA.
- They trace evidence to connect suspect to a victim.
- They reconstruct crime scenes.
- They are called as witnesses in court.
- They work in white and clean areas.
- They make $35,700-$92,030 a year.
- Doctorate degree required.
- Specialize in a specific area such as entomology.
Pros and Cons about the Career
- Nones of the investigations are exactly the same. Always different.
- Usually get paid $16.59 an hour.
- I will have a license to work. My job is secure as long as I do it well.
- Under pressure to help solve the cases.
- You have to be very factual on the job. No room for mistakes.
- Prepare reports on their findings. A lot of paperwork.
Classes recommended to succeed in this career.
Carroll University 100 North East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 54909
-Location close to home
-Athletics are available
-Minimum GPA can be 2.0
-Tuition Costs are high/ $28, 825
-It is a private school
-Admission into college is based on SCT scores.