The Wolves Den
Distance Learning Edition
What is up and coming...
March/ April 2020
3/17 St. Patrick's Day
3/19 First day of Spring
3/20 End of 3rd Quarter
3/23 - 3/27 Spring Break No School
3/30 Pizza Ranch Night Fundraiser has been canceled
3/30 National take a walk in a park day
4/6 Welcome back to students
4/10 No School, Good Friday, Siblings Day
4/12 Easter, National Grilled Chees Day
4/13 No School
4/22 Earth Day
- Please check out our daily announcements each and every day
- Please log on to the counseling webpage for update and information
- If you have any unwanted playing cards, board games or outdoor equipment that you and your family no longer use, please consider donating it to our teachers. We have indoor and outdoor recess and would love more games and equipment
- Here is a link for our full calendar
- Infinite Campus Parent portal link
- If you are having trouble with Infinite Campus, please contact Cindi Sprang at 920.663.9574
- Here is a reminder of our cell phone policy... it's all about learning
The Principal Pack
Hello Fellow Wolves Families,
We want you all to know that we are thinking of each and everyone of our students and staff during this difficult time. Our office team is planning on reaching out to every student to find out how virtual learning is going for them. Parents, please know that every one of our staff members are available through email, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Our goal of connecting to each other, our learning and our future is still our priority while we learn virtually. We are all excited for the creative and endless possibilities the internet has to offer us.
Wishing you all the best,
Washington Office Team
Student Distance Learning Launch Pad
MPSD has created a Distance Learning Launch Pad for students and families to use while students are learning from home. Please use this page to access their teacher's Google Classrooms. Teachers will be providing a variety of learning opportunities to ensure learning continues regardless of us not being in our building.
State Assessment Update
We are currently postponing our Forward Exam. The testing window will continue to be determined and communication will be shared as it is updated by the State.
We will provide updates to both students and families as any information becomes available. Thank you for your patience as we determine next steps and adjustments to our Forward Exam.
Distance Learning Resources
Free Meals for All Students
Any MPSD students under the age of 18 can receive free meals starting Wednesday, March 18th through Friday, March 20th, and starting again on Monday, March 30 through Friday, April 3. Students/Families can go pick up meals from 11:30 am-1:00 pm.
No registrations or forms are required. Students/Families can go to the following 3 locations:
- Franklin Elementary School located at 800 S. 35th St.
- Jefferson Elementary School located at 1415 Division St.
- Madison Elementary School located at 701 N. Fourth St.
Website Resources for Children to learn and grow while at home
- Click on the Virtual Counselor
MPSD has created a page dedicated to the Coronavirus on their website. Follow the embedded link to learn more about:
- Distance Learning for Students
- How to talk to kids about Coronavirus
- Coronavirus symptoms
- What you can do & cleaning measures
- Parent communications from MPSD
We wanted you all to know that we are still available to support our students and families during our time away from school. Please reach out via email as we will be in and out of our offices and may not receive your voicemails right away.
We are excited to be connecting with students, learning goals, and future plans. Please feel free to reach out to our counselors if you have any questions.
Mrs. Johannes 920.663.7714 email@example.com
Ms. Gleason 920.663.9826 firstname.lastname@example.org