November 21, 2016
I hope you had a wonderful American Education Week! Thank you to our PTO, KOE, and to everyone else who provided the wonderful treats throughout the week. It was awesome to be able to celebrate the week with you. Thank you so much for all that you do to make our school special place for our students to be. Your hard work is certainly appreciated.
Have a wonderful week and an fantastic Thanksgiving! I am truly thankful for all you.
- Congratulations to the activities department and the athletic boosters on the first annual Winter Warm-up!
- Congratulations to Ms. just and the Iron Chef team on winning the Iron Chef Competition. They also won Chef's Choice Award!
- Congratulations to Madison Clifton on being the student representative at the board meeting.
- At NSPA, 11 staffers were honored for their work in write-off competitions at the convention. Earning Honorable Mentions were Anthony Kristensen in Feature Writing, Taylor Sheridan in Broadcast Newswriting, Kelsey Decker in First-Year Photo, Rebecca Purcell in Copy/Caption: Student Life, Madison Meers in Yearbook Copy/Caption: Clubs, and Aimee Clive in Yearbook Copy/Caption: Academics. Earning Excellent ratings were Bryce Fletcher in Yearbook Cover and Endsheets and Ryanne O’Donnell in Yearbook theme. Finally, earning the top spot of Superior in their categories were Noah Slaughter in News Editing/Headline Writing, Maddie Mitchell in Graphic Design: Infographics and Aly Doty in Newsmagazine Layout.
In addition, 2016 graduate Autumn Todd took 10th place in the Broadcast News Story of the Year category, 2016 graduate Cameron McCarty took 3rd place in the Newspaper Page/Spread category and current junior Alyssa Barber took 10th place in the Broadcast Feature Story of the Year category.
5 QUICK FACTS
Amy Field-Resource Modern World History Teacher
1. I have an 8 year old son name Jack and my husband Robbie was an Industrial Technology/ Woodworking teacher for 25 years.
2. I was a Resource Special Education teacher for 14 years at Tinley Park High School in Tinley Park, IL located in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago. I taught Resource Special Education at Warrenton High School for two years. I was a Professional School Counselor at Warrenton High School for one year.
3. I was a cast member at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
4. I am a CETUSA coordinator for International students.
5. I enjoy traveling, shopping, working out, and playing tennis.
Up Next: Mark Olwig
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 89.38% of students attending 90% of the time.
The Attendance Committee meeting scheduled for last week was cancelled. No new date has been determined.
Upcoming Dates: Student Climate Survey December 6th - 8th
The next Behavior Leadership Team meeting will be on 11/20 at 6:45 am in Room 5/8.
The district will be hosting another round of Tech games next semester. More information to come.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
"Shout out to KOE and PTO for all the food and treats during American Education Week."