Hoover Elementary School
Family E-Blast 03.20.2016
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday, March 21
- Elementary Orchestra Concert: 7:30PM in the High School Auditorium
Tuesday, March 22
- Lab Ratz Begins: 3:45-4:45PM
Thursday, March 24 to Monday, March 28
- No School: Spring Break
- Students should remain on the sidewalks while walking to/from school
- Students should be respectful of nature and avoid picking flowers or leaves from bushes planted at Hoover or in our neighbors' yards.
- Students should report directly to their family's agreed upon meeting place (home, car, etc.) after dismissal. They should not go home with (or stop to play) with a friend, unless this has been previously arranged.
For more information about Hoover's safewalking routes, click HERE. Your support in reinforcing these important safety rules is very much appreciated! Thank you!
PSSA Testing is scheduled to begin in April for Grades 3-5. All tests will be given in the morning and should be completed by lunchtime. Below is a summary of the tentative testing schedule. Your efforts to ensure that your children are in school and on time for these days are greatly appreciated.
Reminders and additional information will be sent home as the testing window draws nearer. Please remember that pre-approved absences will not be granted for students in Grades 3-5 during this time.
- English Language Arts: April 11, 12, 13, and 14
- Math: April 18, 19, and 20
- Science: April 25 and 27
If you have specific questions regarding PSSA testing at Hoover, please contact the main office.
Kindergarten Registration Continues
Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is currently open throughout the Mt. Lebanon School District. Children who reach the age of five before September 8th are eligible to enter Kindergarten in the fall. If you have a child or know of a neighbor who is eligible for Kindergarten, please stop by the main office to pick up a registration packet.
This is a wonderful time of the year as we welcome many children into the Mt. Lebanon Elementary Community and begin our planning for a new school year. Additional details about our Kindergarten program can be found on the district's website, or by clicking HERE.
MLEA Summer Scholarships
Absence Excuse Reminder
Your Information: Please inform the office if your phone number has changed from last year, or if it changes throughout the year.
Absences: For an absence, or a tardy, to be considered excused it must fall under the following categories set by the school board. Permissible excused absences from District Schools are: (1) personal illness/medical appointments, (2) death in the immediate family, (3) traditionally recognized religious holidays, (4) approved educational travel.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off: To ensure the safety of our students, cars should not pull into the driveway between the hours of 8:00AM-9:00AM or 3:00PM-4:00PM. Additionally, please do not park along Robb Hollow in front of the building and exit your vehicle. Specific details regarding the Go Zone procedures can be found below.
Morning Arrival: In the morning, supervision is not available for students on the blacktop until 8:20AM. For safety reasons, students should arrive to school, no earlier than 8:20AM. After 8:30AM, students may use the front entrance.
Lunch/Recess: The school lunch/recess hour occurs daily from 12:00-1:00PM. Students who leave for lunch should return to the building by 12:55 and report to the Main Office.
Visitors: All visitors to the school will need to buzz in at the main entrance door and sign in at the office. We will continue to require visitors to obtain a visitors pass.
Tuesday, March 29
- School Resumes
- Lab Ratz: 3:45-4:45PM
Wednesday, March 30
- Hoover Principal's Coffee: 9:00-10:00AM
Friday, April 1
- End of Quarter 3
Monday, April 4
- Hoover Spirit Day: Hat Day! (All students are invited to make a $1 donation to participate. All donations benefit the 5th Grade Farewell. Thanks for your support!)
Tuesday, April 5
- Kennywood Ticket Sales at Hoover: 11:30 (Location TBD)
- Hoover Clean Up Day
- Lab Ratz: 3:45-4:45PM
Wednesday, April 6
- Quarter 3 Report Cards Available on Dashboard
- Grade 2 Field Trip: Heinz Hall
- No PM Kindergarten (AM Kindergarten still in session)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: 5:30-8:30PM
Friday, April 8
- No School (Grades K-5)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: 8:00AM-3:30PM
IMPORTANT FAMILY LINKS
Elementary Report Card Information
Student Lunch Information