- Born: December 15,1852
- Location: Paris, France
- Died: August 25,1908
- Occupation : Academic ,Scientist ,Physicist
Extra fun fact:
- 1896: Henri devised his first experiment to find out if fluorescent substances would give of X-rays.
- 1903:Becquerel was awarded the Noble prize for physics.
- Henri Becquerel came from a family of scholars and scientists.
- His father Alexander Becquerel , a professor of Applied Physics, had done research on solar radiation.
- Grandfather , Antonie Cesar ,had invented metals from their ores.
Contributation to Science:
- Henri Becquerel discovered Radioactivity
- he discovered X-rays in 1896, it led to studies of how Uranium salts are affected by light.
- By accident , he discovered that Uranium salts spontaneously emit a penetrating radiation that can be registered on a photographic plate.