Jobs for DAWGS
1.19.16 Alumni Career Services
UGA Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
- Give students advice on careers in Natural Resources! UGA Virtual Networking Hour, Thursday, Jan. 28th 5:00-6:00pm
- WEBINAR: How to Leverage the Power of Emotional Intelligence in Your Career, Friday, Jan. 29th
- Give students advice on careers in Law! UGA Virtual Networking Hour, Wednesday, Feb. 10th 12:30-1;30pm
- WEBINAR: Beyond Corporate America: Working for the Federal Government, Tuesday, Feb. 16th
- Terry College Alumni Meet Up! UGA Virtual Networking Hour, Tuesday, Feb. 16th 5:00-6:00pm
- MBTI & Strong Interest Inventory Workshop (Finding a Meaningful Career) at Atlanta Alumni Center
- Full and Part time Positions
- Additional opportunities with: CATMEDIA, Yonder: Path Your Career Service, and Hire Heroes USA (Opportunities for Veterans)!
- Government and Non-Profit Positions
Career Fairs & Networking Events
- UGA Spring Career Fair, Feb. 3rd
- Save the Date- UGA Alumni Career Fair, June 8th (Cobb Galleria)
- Recorded webinar: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
- Social Media Bootcamp for Professionals, Atlanta
- Jewish Family & Career Services Employment Workshop Series- Free!
- The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
Careers in Natural Resources: Advice from Warnell Alumni & Professionals
Alumni, connect with students pursuing degrees in fisheries and wildlife, forestry, recreation and tourism, and water and soil resources. Share your wisdom and expertise, scope out new talent, and encourage the next generation of natural resource professionals.
Webinar: How to Leverage the Power of Emotional Intelligence in Your Career
Friday, Jan. 29th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Success in your career goes beyond simply what you know. Above and beyond your knowledge and skills, effective mastery of your emotions can have a dramatic effect on your individual performance, decision-making capabilities and your ability to connect with (and even lead) others. During this webinar, we’ll define emotional intelligence and discuss how it can help catapult you toward success in your professional endeavors.
Guest speaker: Cachet Prescott, UGA '06, owner of CareerCachet.com, is a career and workplace strategist who’s in the business of career and people development. With a passion for the human side of work, her ultimate goal is to optimize human potential for success in the workplace and beyond.
Careers in Law: Advice from UGA Alumni
Alumni professionals in law, do you work for a private practice, public interest and government organization, or as the corporate/in-house attorney?
Join us for this event to connect with students pursuing degrees in law. Share your wisdom and expertise, scope out new talent, and encourage the next generation of law professionals.
Webinar: Beyond Corporate America: Working for the Federal Government
Tuesday, Feb. 16th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Do you want to have a significant impact on people’s lives?
Do you care deeply about good governance?
Are you a “change agent” – optimistic, skilled with a can-do attitude that is complimented by a sense of realism and practicality, recognizing that government changes come in small measures?
In our federal government, there are jobs for every type of person with every type of background.
Join this webinar to learn the basics of the federal job process and why the federal government might be a good fit for you. Remember, this is open to and relevant for ALL areas of expertise!
As a result of this session, you will have an increase in your:
- Ability to identify the steps to obtaining a federal job or internship
- Awareness of the Pathways programs, including requirements and deadlines
- Ability to successfully navigate and utilize the USAJOBS website
Guest Speaker: Kate Templeton, Career Consultant for the UGA Career Center and Certified Federal Career Coach
Terry College of Business Alumni Meet Up
Join fellow University of Georgia Terry College of Business alumni for a free virtual networking event!
Connect with professionals from your alma mater who live around the world! Share your experiences, exchange career tips and build your professional network - all online!
MBTI & Strong Interest Inventory Workshop (Finding a Meaningful Career)
Choose ONE from the dates listed below:
- Tuesday, March 8th 4:00-6:00pm
- Tuesday, May 10th 4:00-6:00pm
Where: Atlanta Alumni Center Suite 870, 3475 Lenox Rd. NE; Atlanta, GA 30326
Cost: $65 The cost will cover two assessments and light snacks.
About: This workshop will allow UGA alumni to use both the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to consider how their interests, personality, and values play into their career satisfaction. Bethany Mills, Director of Alumni Career Services, will interpret both assessments for the group and provide activities to navigate career exploration. The session will be both informative and interactive and will allow participants to share insights and network with one another. In addition, participants will leave with an action plan for their career and some basic job search strategies to begin their new path. Registration will be limited to 12 spaces. I look forward to seeing you there!
**To register, please contact Bethany Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org and include one workshop date that works for you. Assessment instructions will be sent within 24 hours.
Log into DAWGlink to apply for these positions!
Digital and Creative Talent, Full Desk Recruiter- Atlanta, GA
Landmark Properties, Senior Accountant - Athens, GA
Professional Specialty Publications, Inside Advertising Sales- Charlotte, NC
Precision Approach LLC, Project Manager - Eatonton, GA
N2 Services Inc., BIG DATA Developer- Wixom, MI
Muscogee County School District, Choral Director- Columbus, GA
CarMax Auto Finance, Business Analyst- Kennesaw, GA
The Hartford, Entry Level Disability Benefits Analyst - Alpharetta, GA
Education Pioneers, Education Leadership Fellow- Boston, MA
Quality Technology Services, Curriculum Developer – Junior- Suwanee, GA
Eidé Magazine, Editorial Intern- Atlanta, GACenters for Disease Control and Prevention, Epidemiology and Information Science Fellow- Atlanta, GA
SaaSOptics, Digital Marketing Manager- Peachtree Corners, Georgia
.....and 800+ more. Check out DAWGlink for more openings.
DAWGlink #72858, Director of Business Development
DAWGlink # 73055, Curriculum Implementation Specialist
DAWGlink #73056, Principal/Head of School
Southern Teachers Agency is hiring K-12 Teaching Jobs for Education, Arts & Science Majors!
- Teacher certification is not necessarily required.
- To apply, go to SouthernTeachers.com
Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School, an independent co-educational primary school located in Washington D.C., welcomes highly qualified applicants for the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Full-time classroom teacher positions in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First, Second, or Third Grade
- For more information and to apply, go here.
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
Check out UGA Careers Fairs for 2016!
SAVE THE DATE: UGA Alumni Career Fair
Wednesday, June 8th, 11am-2pm
2 Galleria Parkway Southeast
Make a Career Counseling Appointment through DAWGLink
**Do not use GOOGLE CHROME as a browser. The appointment function will NOT work.
Social Media Bootcamp for Professionals, Atlanta
Pick a date that works with your schedule: January 20th, March 2nd, or April 20th
Time: 9:00 am – 4 pm
Where: UGA’s Terry College of Business Executive Education Center
One Live Oak Center
3475 Lenox Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
Lunch/Parking Validation provided
Register Here: https://ugasocial.wordpress.com
Gain a competitive advantage, by mastering the art of social media marketing. This hands-on seminar includes case-studies and interactive exercises to reinforce the information you will learn. Through lecture, real-world examples and discussion, class participants will have a well-rounded understanding of how social media marketing can be used for businesses, for their job, and even for career advancement.
The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
The Iron Yard Atlanta is offering a $1000 scholarship to members of the UGA Alumni Association to attend one of their immersive courses in software engineering or design at their Downtown Atlanta Location. Enrollment is still open for their next course in Front End Engineering, starting June 29. From those looking to dip their toe into the world of software to those who want to dive deep and find a fulfilling job, there's a place at The Iron Yard. The options on their course pathway meet you wherever you're at and guide you to the next step of your journey. Read more at:
Alumni Webinar: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot
Every day, men and women make the choice to re-enter career fields from which they’ve taken a break. Other individuals decide to re-launch into a professional life they’ve taken a break from entirely. How can you re-enter the workforce successfully? What are the first steps you need to take to boost your confidence and best position yourself to be considered a competitive candidate? Check out the 40 minute webinar recording to learn more.
* All UGA Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS (Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.)
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.