August 13, 2021
We had an EXCELLENT start to the school year! Our students were troopers when we went to mandatory masks mid-week. So, thank you for your continued support of our school and staff.
Just a heads up that over the next couple of weeks students will be begin Student Success Skills programming two days a week in Chatt time and Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) testing. The assessment (for ELA and Mathematics) is a district diagnostic and is compared to our surrounding schools, so please ask your students to do the best they can.
Lastly, we are having major traffic jams with picking up students with some parents lining up beginning as early as 2:45 p.m. While I appreciate your patience, please consider coming to school a little later or try the bus. I know there may be concerns with COVID; however, we are all masked up and at least they have windows that can be opened for fresh air.
All the best,
Dr. Mike Todd
2021-2022 FCS Student Code of Conduct
Fulton County Schools is making its Student Code of Conduct & Discipline Handbook available online in PDF format (click the link below or view the attachment). Once you have read the electronic version and have reviewed the contents with your student(s), please take a moment to complete the Acknowledgement of Receipt Form (see attachment). All parents and student (over 10 years old) MUST sign this form found within your INFINTE CAMPUS PARENT/STUDENT PORTAL ACCOUNT. This form will be available AFTER Aug 2, 2021. If you would like a paper copy of the Handbook, you or your student can pick one up in your school's front office.
- Please bring your own computer charger to school as the media center does not have spares.
- If you are a RETURNING student and would like to receive a county-issued device, please email Ms. Lee at email@example.com with your Student ID and FCS ClassLink password. You can stop by the media center during your lunch period to pick up your device 24 hour after your initial email.
- If you are a NEW student and would like to receive a county-issued device, please email Ms. Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID and date of birth (MMDDYYYY). You can stop by the media center during your lunch period to pick up your device 24 hours after your initial email.
- If your students have any device troubleshooting needs, please have them stop by the media center before school, during Chatt time and all lunch periods. If your students need to replace any broken devices or accessories, please bring payments in person or pay online at https://osp.osmsinc.com/FultonGA/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=EN704C-9 before visiting the media center.
Good Food Grows Healthy Minds
The Fulton County School Nutrition Program welcomes back all students and staff into school cafes! Our menus feature safe, nutritious, and fresh meals that rock. Fulton County School Cafes provide all components of a balanced plate, including whole grains, veggies, fruits, protein and dairy.
Due to waivers from the USDA, all Fulton County Students will receive FREE SCHOOL MEALS for the 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to welcoming students back into the cafe for FREE breakfast & lunch daily! Visit https://nutrition.fultonschools.org/ for menus and more!
Senior Information Night:
Please mark your calendar for the Class of 2022 Senior Meeting! It will be held virtually on September 2nd for all Senior students and parents. We will send a link when we get closer to the date. We will discuss planning for postsecondary options, the college application timeline, using the Naviance portal, and general information about Senior year at Chattahoochee High School. We hope you will join us!
The counselors are working diligently on student schedules. If you find that you need a correction for your schedule, you may make a request using the Schedule Correction Form. These forms are hard copy and are available in the Counseling Office. To ensure that we can be efficient with the correction request process, no changes will be processed via phone call or email. We appreciate your patience as we work through schedule correction forms in the order received.
If we can honor your request, you will be sent an updated copy of your schedule. If we are unable to honor your request, we will send you a response indicating why the change was not made.
A few new things for this scheduling season:
Reduced Course load for Seniors only
All Seniors for the 21-22 school year will be given an opportunity to reduce their overall course load by one class per semester.
- The senior is enrolled in the courses needed to graduate on time.
- The senior has no classes with “WF”.
- Student and parent have completed the Minimum Day Reduced Course Load Option parent permission form. (this includes 18-year-old students)
- Students can either take a morning OR afternoon Minimum Day option.
- Students traveling to a Dual Enrollment class may enroll in one Minimum Day class for travel.
- Students may also be enrolled in Mentorship with Minimum Day, Work-based Learning, or TAG Internship.
Parents and students are urged to consider the impact of reducing the course load when applying to competitive colleges. If you would like to be considered for this option, please pick up a copy of the Reduced Course load Form in the counseling office and return it signed.
Up to 3 online classes:
All students 9-12 may take up to three online classes. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to consider learning needs and transportation options before making this selection. If you would like to take an online class, you may pick up the 2021-2022 Online Contract in the counseling office along with instructions for how to register for the course. Once your contract has been returned, we will approve your course and change your schedule accordingly.
All forms/Contracts are available in the Counseling Office.
Administrators and Department Chairs
Jonathan Adel - ELA and Fine Arts
David White; ELA; Whitedp@fultonschools.org
Lori Buonamici; Fine Arts; BuonamiciL@fultonschools.org
Garin Berry - Math, PE, World Language, and TAG
Beth Smith; Math; Smithec@fultonschools.org
J.J. Hicks; PE; Hicksj@fultonschools.org
Nadia Ali; World Language; Aliahmady@fultonschools.org
Amanda Wile; TAG; Wile@fultonschools.org
Gwen Harris - Science and CTAE
Matt Mihordea; Science; Mihordea@fultonschools.org
Kylie Dayton; CTAE; Daytonk@fultonschools.org
Ingrid Parham - Social Studies and IRR
Tim Reeder; Social Studies; Reedert@fultonschools.org
Jeanne Dongieux; IRR; Dongieux@fultonschools.org