The Bearcat Bulletin
March 2020 Newsletter
“Everton Elementary School, with the support of a community that values education, effectively utilizes all resources to insure a safe, harmonious atmosphere where all students learn essential skills, are challenged to reach their potential, and are motivated to become creative, lifelong learners and healthy, responsible citizens.”
Important Dates for March
- March 3 - PTO Meeting 3:15
- March 4 - Spring Pictures for students
- March 5 - Math Bowl invitational at Maplewood 5:00
- March 6 - End of 3rd Quarter
- March 11 - Report Cards sent home
- March 16-20 - IREAD-3 Test for Grade 3
- March 23-27 - Spring Break - No School
- April 4 - Elementary Cross Country Race
- April 7 - PTO Meeting 3:15
- April 10 - School Make Up Day **School is in session!
- April 13 - 6:00 Spring Program at CHS *Grades 4,5, 6 performing
- April 14 - Math Bowl Competition in Rushville
- April 15 - 5:30 Family Art Night
- April 20 - ILEARN Testing begins for Grades 3-6
2020 United States Census
We will all be receiving information regarding the 2020 United States Census. Parents are encouraged to participate in completing the 2020 Census Survey. The results of the survey can have significant effects on federal funding to our community and local schools. According to the 2020 Census website, “Census results affect planning and funding for education—including programs such as Head Start, Pell Grants, school lunches, rural education, adult education, and grants for preschool special education.”
The link has more information and facts regarding the purpose and facts about the 2020 United States Census:
School Board Academic Recognition Program
One of the yearly events that the Fayette County School Corporation sponsors is the Board of School Trustees Academic Recognition Program. This is a program that is held at the end of each school year in the Robert E. Wise Auditorium at Connersville High School. This program recognizes students in grades 4-12 for their academic success and hard work in the classroom. Students who achieve a 3.7 GPA or higher during their current academic year will be eligible for this recognition. The 2019-20 Academic Recognition Program will be on Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. Additional details about this recognition program will be provided to families in May.
Seeing Students Learn
Reminders from the Office
- Please update the school office any time your phone number changes.
- Please contact the school office prior to 2:00 for any transportation changes
- Be sure to bring your driver's license or state issued identification to enter the school.
Everton Text Alerts
Parents are encouraged to sign up for text message alerts, such as school delays and cancellations, from Mr. Jennings. Parents who sign up will also receive a digital copy of the monthly edition of The Bearcat Bulletin. Follow these easy steps:
Text the message @evrtnalert to the number 81010