FACEtime Newsletter, Home Edition 4/23/21
Parent University Presents the BCPS InfoCenter
BCPS Launches New Spanish Facebook Page!
Be sure to share in your community!
Third Quarter Instruction Survey for Families
The anonymous survey is open now through Friday, Apr. 30. Parents/caregivers and students can take the survey in English as well as Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, French, Nepali, Russian, Spanish, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, and Yoruba. Those needing assistance with taking the survey are asked to call the ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Office at 443-809-1759.
Xfinity Internet Offer Extended
The issuance of Comcast/Xfinity Internet Essentials promotional codes has been extended to Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Families who are eligible to receive Comcast/Xfinity Internet Essentials may request a promotional code through the guidance department of their student’s home school.
The promotional codes will cover the monthly cost of the Comcast/Xfinity Internet Essentials until Friday, June 30, 2021, and maybe extended based upon available grant funding.
Photography Challenge: Black and White in Color
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Author Meet & Greet with Sonia Manzano, Maria from Sesame Street
Sonia Manzano, best known from her time as Maria on Sesame Street, discusses her time on the show and reads a selection from her published children's books. At the end of the program, Sonia answers questions from the audience. Registration closes one hour before the start of the program. A valid email address is needed at registration to send a Zoom link to the program 30 minutes before scheduled start.
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Summer Camps and Classes for Children & Youth
- Kids @ CCBC enables kids to tap their creativity, explore careers, expand their computer interests, hone academic skills, and make new friends.
- Baltimore’s Child provides a listing of camps, summer programs, and activities organized by county.
- Y of Central Maryland offers affordable camp options and activities for children, including day and overnight camp, specialty camps, and more.
- Baltimore County Therapeutic Recreation Services operates multiple summer day camps for young people with disabilities throughout the county in cooperation with local community recreation councils. Nature, crafts,
- Baltimore County Department Of Recreation & Parks offers a variety of activities, including field trips, swimming, athletics, environmental education, nature study, hikes, animal talks, arts and crafts, cookouts, and more.
Special Education Resource Center
For more information or to join their newsletter list, email email@example.com.
Baltimore County PTA Council Needs You!
Are you interested in joining the PTA Council board and serving at the County level? Please contact Frances Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Parent University?
Parent University is offered through the BCPS Office of Family and Community Engagement, which we affectionately call FACE! We provide tools and resources to BPCS families to support learning at home. In the past, before social-distancing, one of the ways we offered these resources was through in-person workshops hosted by community members and schools. We also have a large collection of online resources that are available as we navigate through this incredibly unique time in our lives. We hope you enjoy what we have to share.