April 5, 2021
Letter From the Principal
Thank you to our families that attended our Academic Master Planning sessions and filled out the survey to provide feedback. Thank you for being our voice.
Our next big hurdle that we are ramping up for is Colorado State testing (CMAS) for grades 3-5. Thankfully the Department of Education approved Colorado’s waiver request so we have reduced testing requirements for students. This will allow us to not lose as much instructional time and continue to focus on recovering lost learning from the pandemic.
Thank you again for your partnership and support. We appreciate you.
Academic Master Planning (AMP)
- You can visit the D11 website any time to check for updates.
o A link to both the English and Spanish translated meetings can be found here:
- To summarize, Martinez is currently being considered for a Visual and Performing Arts or Outdoor Education magnet school.
o This would not take effect for the 21-22SY.
o Next school year would be used for transitioning to include professional development, exploration of curriculum, and planning for full implementation.
- The survey is still open to families and staff members.
o We would love to hear your voices and need your help to advocate for our STEM program!!
- This would be a great opportunity to speak up about our community’s desire to keep our STEM program by becoming a STEM magnet school.
- The district has pushed back the date for making a decision on locations.
o We will now have a decision made in the fall on our magnet designation
- We meet the first Tuesday of every month
- Tuesday, Apr 6, 2021 5:15 pm | 2 hours | (UTC-06:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
- Meeting number: 120 100 6504
- Password: Dm2P66rxmpt
- Join by video system
- Dial email@example.com
- You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
- Join by phone
- +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
- Access code: 120 100 6504
- Only the following tests are required:
o 3rd and 5th Grade – English Language Arts
o 4th Grade - Math
- If you wish to opt your child in for the optional math or ELA test, please fill out this form by April 14th.
- We will conduct CMAS testing the morning of April 19 – 21.
o Testing begins promptly at 8:05am
- We will conduct optional test sessions and make-ups in the afternoons.
- We need your help with the following if your child is in grades 3-5:
o Please make sure your child is present and on time each of the three days.
o Please make sure your child gets a good night’s rest.
o Please make sure your child eats breakfast.
§ Breakfast is still free every morning in the cafeteria beginning at 7:30am
o Please make sure your child has a water bottle and a book to read.
- We are still making plans for our summer bridge program.
- Dates: June 7 – July 2
- Times: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- We will focus our instruction around math and ELA, but enrich through science, social studies, and specials
- Students will be invited; there will not be an open enrollment
o The goal of our Summer Bridge program is to continue to recover lost learning due to the pandemic
o We will target specific students and send invites out within the next month.
End of Year Events:
- We are not sure what our end of year events will look like at this time.
- We are creating plans A through C just in case
- At this time, we are still not allowed to have parents on campus but we are hoping this can be modified before the end of the year.
- As we get more guidance, I will be sure to communicate with you.
- We are still planning an Art show this year; it will probably look different.
April 6: SAC/PTA via WebEx 5:15pm/6:00pm
April 14: CMAS Testing Trial Run
April 19 – April 23: CMAS Testing Grades 3-5
April 26 – April 30: ATI testing Grades 3-5 and AW+ for Grades K-3
May 4: 5th Grade Virtual Open House at Jenkins (8:45-9:45am)
May 4: SAC/PTA via WebEx 5:15pm/6:00pm
May 21: Last day of school for Students
May 24: Teacher Work Day