Middle School West Week in Review
November 23, 2022
Connect with us!
During the school year, please check your email weekly for our Week in Review! In order to help us connect with you and make sure you are not missing any important information, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted senders in your email so that you don’t miss out on important information.
11/24/22 No School - School Resumes 11/29/22
11/29/22 Report Cards posted in IC at 4pm
11/29/22 Winter Sports begin
12/2/22 East-West Orchestra Concert 7:00 PM
12/6/22 Keystone Testing (through 12/7/22 ) - Adv Geometry
12/7/22 Coffee with the Principal at 9am
12/9/22 Winter Dance 7:00-9:00pm
12/9/22 Ned Hector assembly in 8th grade social studies
12/13/22 Angel Tree collection ends
12/15/22 Band Concert 7:00 PM
12/22/22 Holiday Music Assembly
12/23/22 NPFH activity - Autism Awareness
12/23/22 Early dismissal at 11:35am
New Information and Updates:
Ned Hector Day
The Spelling Bee is coming!
Repeated Information and Reminders:
Our East-West Orchestra concert is coming up on December 2 and our Band concert is on December 15. The district fine arts calendar is available here. There are a lot of great performances coming up throughout the district. We hope you enjoy them!
We are also looking forward to the return of our Holiday Music Assemblies on December 22. In addition to an assembly for our West middle schoolers, our musicians will also be hosting two assemblies this day for some of the students from our sending elementary schools.
YAG Dance on December 9
• Dances will be held from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Admission is $5. Snacks will also be available for purchase.
• Students should be picked up promptly at 9:00 PM. Sixth grade will be picked up on the parent pick-up side of the building. Seventh and eighth grade will be picked up in the main lot facing BES. Families picking up children in multiple grades should use the main lot.
• No guests are permitted.
• Students on the restricted list, suspended, or absent the day of the dance will not be permitted to attend.
• Students will be required to show his/her student ID prior to entering the dance. Students should enter the building at the gym entrance.
• Dances will be chaperoned by school staff.
• All actions and conduct must reflect appropriate social behavior. Students refusing to cooperate or to conduct themselves in an orderly manner will be required to contact guardians and will be removed immediately from the dance. Additional consequences may also be issued based on the severity of the behavior.
• Students are not permitted to use their electronic devices.
• Students are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct.
• Dance Dress Code: Tucked in shirt and tie or collared shirt (polo, button down) with pants/slacks and shoes. Dresses, dress pants or skirts, blouses, and shoes. Strapless, single strap and open back dresses are not permitted. Shirt/blouse must have two straps with widths of at least two inches. Skirts and dresses must be at least fingertip length. Spaghetti straps are only permitted on dresses. No work boots or denim. Student dress should be in good taste reflecting modesty.
News from the Nurse
Students are reminded that they should not be putting pencils in the lock mechanism of their locker. We understand that it makes it easier to open without the combination, but it damages the locker and it also creates a situation where items can be stolen from a locker. Students will be charged the cost of damage to locker mechanisms.
Yearbook Sales are now open!
MackinVIA- Free eBooks & Audiobooks for Students!
Just a reminder that MSW is a member of the MackinVIA Connected Library Consortium. This allows our students to access hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks from anywhere they have internet access.
The MackinVIA app can be downloaded on phones and tablets, or you can use the website on any desktop computer/laptop/Chromebook (www.mackinvia.com). Students simply login using their BASD username and password.
An entire new year’s worth of titles were added to MackinVIA last week. This brings us to 1,412 total ebooks and 831 audiobooks.
Email Mrs. Palopoli (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Governor Wolf has instituted free breakfast for all students for the remainder of the 2022-23 school year.