Gearing Up for Goal Setting
Elgin Elementary School
Here's The Deal
As your personal evaluator, I’m looking forward to working with you to achieve your professional goals this school year. The information below should help you with your planning. Please note that this information is applicable to teachers and paraprofessionals.
- T-TESS is the Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System for teachers only. It is designed to support teachers in their professional development and help them grow and improve as educators.
- Paraprofessionals will be responsible for setting two goals for the school year. A different evaluative tool will be used other than T-TESS.
- Over the course of the next three weeks, faculty and staff at Elgin Elementary School will meet with their campus evaluators to identify professional growth goals. During this 15 - 20 minute conference, we will specify the kinds of support you want me to provide to help you meet your goals, identify milestones that will help you stay on track toward meeting your goals, etc.
- Go ahead and create an account. This is how you will be able to type into the document I've provided for each of you. Directions are below in the resources section.
- If you type directly onto the document that I sent you, I can communicate with you back and forth , electronically, even though I still want to see your smiling faces!
- Just so you know, in the next week, I will send you information regarding your meeting date that gives you an opportunity to select a few preferred times. I'm still pinning down those time frames. Once you have identified your preferred date and/or time, I will send you a personal invitation via Outlook mail for your goal conference meeting, so be sure to accept yours when that time comes.
- In the meantime, complete the Goal Setting Template prior to your conference. I would be more than welcome to offer you feedback. Just keep in mind, we WILL NOT be completing them during our meeting time.
- Take a look at the GOAL SETTING RESOURCES section. I've shared two folders with you. Both folders, have folders embedded within them for you to access your personal folder. Use this option until I get you set up on Google Drive. Here's the deal. You need to have set up an account in order to be able to type directly into the document. First, Set up a Google account. After that, click the link below. Once link is opened, Click Sign In. Once you are signed in, Click on your folder, Finally, Click OPEN DRIVE. This should let you type into your personal goal setting template. Let me know if you have any problems.
- On next Tuesday, I'm going to stay after school to help anyone needing help setting up Google. If you feel more comfortable typing into your document at that time, this is acceptable for me. An invite is below. RSVP if you plan to attend, so that I know who to expect.
- Please DO NOT share this digital bulletin or any of the links. I made the settings private so that only a certain group of individuals could gain access to it.
- Got more questions? I'm only an email away. You can also call or text me at 214-502-8390.
I've given you quite a bit of information, so now,...let the goal setting begin!
Quick Google Training
Tuesday, Sep. 15th, 3:30-4:15pm
1005 West 2nd Street
I highly suggest that you use your Elgin ISD email and password, so that you can remember it and so that it takes the guess work out of trying to figure out alternative email addresses to share documents.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.