Mae Stevens Library
December News From Library Land
Did you know that each class is scheduled to visit the library weekly? Did you know that students are welcome to visit between classes and exchange their books?
Since December was a short month only 36 classes came as groups.
675 students visited between classes to get new books.
2309 books were circulated during the month of December. This is an average of nearly 10 books per student!
The beginning of a new year is a great time to review book care.
When students check out books they are responsible for taking care of the books and turning them in on time.
Book Care Guidelines:
- Keep books dry - please no water bottles in backpacks!
- Use clean hands when reading library books.
- Don't eat or drink while reading library books.
- Protect books from younger siblings and pets they do not understand good book care.
- Carry your books in your backpacks to protect them when travelling to and from school. Also don't take books out on the bus or at daycare they often get left there.
- Use a bookmark to keep your place.
- Don't repair books at home please let us do all needed repairs. Often books are lost when repairs are done at home incorrectly and we cannot reverse the damage. We make every attempt possible to repair books and save you from having to pay for them.
- Please let an adult know as soon as possible so repairs can be done right away.
We appreciate your help keeping our books in good shape.
Award Winning Books
January is an exciting time in the library. Third, fourth, and fifth graders will be voting soon for their favorite Bluebonnet Books. Students must have read at least 5 books to be eligible to vote and voting will be done by the end of January.
Also January is the time for the announcement of the prestigious Caldecott and Newbery award winning books. It is exciting to hear the titles of the award winners and even more exciting when we have them in our library.
Stay tuned for the list of winners in the February newsletter.
We love for parents to come into the library and set up accounts so you can check out books to share with your children. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can check out 10 books for 2 week.
'Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.'
~ Emilie Buchwald
Spring Book Fair
Monday, March 3rd, 7:45am to Friday, March 7th, 3pm
Mae Stevens Elementary School, Copperas Cove, TX, United States
Copperas Cove, TX
Wow! Hard to believe it but the Spring Book Fair will be here before we know it. Please watch for more details closer to the fair.