World Heritage Newsletter
New England - June Edition
Departure for our 2014/15 students!
All of our students will be departing in the next month or so. Thank you for
everything you did to make this year one our students and host families will never forget!
In order for your 3rd and final payments to be released you need the following things complete:
• Activity 3
• 2nd school contact (Please contact me if you have any problems getting in touch with your school admin person. Do this soon as schools will be out in a couple of weeks.)
• Monthly Contacts 7-10; 1 contact (months 7-10) must include face-to-face conversation at least one of the host parents and should be selected using the drop down menu in the database.
Featured below is: Islambek from Kyrgyzstan - a wonderful boy who has had an amazing year with his host family in Maryland. His rep is: Sharon Kalbarczyk.
Bonus Final Deadline
There is still plenty of time for everyone to qualify for a bonus!
You must qualify by June 30th for the final deadline:
Number of placements & per student:
1 student = $100
3 students = $200
6 students = $300
9 students = $400
You’ve completed a placement--now what?
Congratulations, you have completed at least one placement! Be sure everyone is on the same page to ensure a successful placement from the beginning!
Please read through pages 111-113 in your Area Rep Manual for more information
• The Host Families first contact should be made within a few days after the placement has been completed, via a letter; either sent by snail mail or email
• Remind host families of the required orientation they must attend prior to the students arrival
• Contact the student you have just placed (never before placement)
• Placement PSA—ask your host family if they are ok with their name being printed in the newspaper (We will work together for this step)
Featured student - Ademi from Kazakhstan!
Featured student - Andrea from Italy
For current reps: I have sent out a personalized 'Thank you' card to all families hosting a student this year, along with some profile pics and bios. If your family contacts me to re-host I'll let you know and help you with the process.
For new reps: Please contact me with any questions regarding your upcoming placement or for help with finding more host families in your area.