October Due Dates and more
Upcoming Due Dates
- Oct. 31 - All CEs collect data for verification report
- Oct. 31 - DoD Fresh Produce opt-in jotform due
- Oct. 31 - Attachment B Upload due in TXUNPS
- Oct. 31 - Self-Certification Micro-purchase Threshold due
- Oct. 31 - Local Foods for Texas Schools opt-in due
- Nov. 15 - Verification process completion deadline *See Adverse Action timeline in the Verification Process announcement
- Nov. 19 - Deadline to submit NSLP Farm Fresh Challenge documentation
- Nov. 28 - Submit Verification Report
Oct. 9-13 NSLW Survey
How did YOUR school celebrate National School Lunch Week?
TDA wants to hear about what your school did to "Level Up with School Lunch"! Please complete this short survey about your NSLW celebrations. Thanks!!
USDA Foods Distribution Update
January 2024 - The whole state of Texas will be transitioned into WBSCM for ordering USDA foods!
- Have you received the required training to access WBSCM? See the picture provided for required training per WBSCM role.
- TDA will provide training during January and February in an effort to prevent errors in submitting requisitions. Requisition errors may cause your orders to be cancelled. All Pilot & Non-Pilot User Admins are required to attend one session per training topic. *Registration is due by Friday, Oct. 27. See the TDA Office Hours announcement for registration links.
Join Us! Financial Management: A Course for SNP Directors
Financial Management: A Course for SNP Directors
11/13/2023 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
11/14/2023 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Participants will be able to manage procedures and records for compliance with Resource Management with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with all Federal, State, and local regulations, as well as the Administrative Review. This session provides training on management of finances and other resources as the foundation for nutrition integrity and quality meals in school nutrition programs. Lesson topics include:
• Importance of Financial Management
• Development of a Financial Management Information System
• Communication and Ethical Behavior
• Reporting Revenue and Expenditures
• Setting a Meal Standard for Financial Management and Analysis
• Managing Revenue and Expenditures
• Controlling Food and Labor Costs
• Financial Planning and Budget Development
• Developing and Analyzing a Budget
• Tools to Analyze Financial Status
Monday, Nov 13, 2023, 09:00 AM
Education Service Center-Region 6, Montgomery Road, Huntsville, TX, USA
TXELMS DC Data
FSMC Contract Timeline
Contracting Entities Experiencing Milk Service Disruption
Considering recent milk supply chain issues due to packaging shortages, TDA is using the discretion provided by federal regulation to allow Program operators to serve and claim meals without fluid milk or with an alternate form of fluid milk during this temporary emergency period.
To utilize the flexibility, Contracting Entities (CEs) affected by the recent shortage must submit the newly released Milk Flexibility for Emergency Conditions Notification Form as soon as possible. CEs must provide details about how they are handling the shortage as well as the name of their milk vendor.
The form will provide flexibility for up to 30 calendar days or until fluid milk becomes available, whichever is sooner. If the shortage exceeds 30 days or the end date submitted on the form, the CE must submit a new form. If the milk shortage ends prior to the end of the 30 days, the CE must return to regular service and document the date of return to service for each site.
The form is currently available on the NSLP, CACFP, and Summer Program Administration/Forms page tables.
Meal Appeal for SNP
TDA Introduces Three Original Standardized Recipes
TDA has developed three school standardized recipes in collaboration with the Culinary Institute of America-San Antonio, Florence ISD, and Salado ISD child nutrition programs. Each recipe features local Texas agricultural products and meets the nutritional standards for the National School Lunch Program and was student approved! Recipe development was supported by the USDA Team Nutrition Training Grant for School Meal Recipe Development.
- Texas Beef and Chimichurri Rice Bowl
- Texas Mushroom Queso
- Asian-Inspired Chop Salad with Ginger SunButter Dressing
Visit SquareMeals.org for access to all three recipes, videos, and more information about the grant project! Please share pictures and stories of your school trying these new recipes at email@example.com.
Let's Taco 'Bout It Tuesday!
Taco 'Bout it Tuesday Meeting
November 7, 2023
9 am - 10:30 am
Click on the link below for Zoom registration.
Zoom will then provide an email with the link for access to the meeting.
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
CN Program Specialist, SNP/SSO
CN Program Specialist, CACFP/SFSP, SNP/SSO
Julie A. Smith
CN Program Specialist, SNP/SSO
CN Program Administrative Assistant
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This program is funded by the USDA.