February 22, 2016
- February 22, 23, & 25: Professional Learning Rotation for 4th, 5th, & 3rd Grades
- February 22: LSC Meeting about GA Milestones Resources
- February 26: Spring Pictures
- February 29: PLT Meeting
- March 3: Grade Level Meeting during Planning to enter APTT Data into Excel
- March 7 - 11: Book Fair in Media Center
- March 8: K & 1 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 9: 2 & 3 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 10: 4 & 5 APTT 1/2 day Planning
- March 11: Early Release (Parent Conferences)
- March 11-13: Midway Mountain Retreat
- March 15, 16, & 17: APTT Night #3
- March 30: Faculty Meeting
From Daisy's Desk
Dr. Francisco Guajardo was a speaker whose presentation went straight to my heart. His session “The Power of Story: Nurturing School and Family Relations” emphasized that when schools view students, their families, and the community as core texts to be utilized for teaching and learning, they can unleash a power that often goes untapped. It looked at the importance and utility of placing students, families, and communities at the center of teaching, learning, and leadership development.
Parent perspective: Realistically, every parent is really the same no matter where they come from. We all want what’s best for our children and in their best interest. That is, the desire to teach, help, and prepare our kids for the future. We are all a work in progress!
Parents, write down your stories. Don’t be afraid to share your stories. Even the details. Try to find photos and make written logs and messages.
[REPEAT] In Reflection of DCD...
We don't know what reality looks like until we see it. Contact me about next steps for seeing your impact on students' learning!
The first grade level or group to all use Swivl & debrief with me will earn a free lunch!
~Thank you to Cathy Wells for your flexibility in working in classrooms around the school and then being ready to jump in to Ms. Long's classroom!
~Thank you to Paula Posner, Daisy Tremps, & Lauren Henderson for your hard work on finishing up the Title Budget!
~Thank you to Chasity Ratterree & Erin Major for your work with small groups of 4th grade students!
~Thank you to Emily Flack for organizing an amazing oratorical event for our 5th graders!
~Thank you to Ellen Long for sharing your knowledge about the F & P data board!