September 16, 2020
Good Morning King Families!
KING LIONS RETURN TO THE PRIDE!
It's hard to believe, but the BIG day has arrived! The King staff couldn't be more excited to welcome our students into their "virtual" classrooms today. Our amazing team has worked hard to prepare for this day and we have no doubt that each and every one of our students will be off to a strong start to the school year as a result.
We know that there will be some challenges as we navigate this unusual course, but we know that together, we will not only arrive at our final destination, but we will meet with great successes along the way.
As we prepare for the first day, we want to make sure that families have the necessary information to start the year off as smoothly as possible, so this newsletter is filled with important and useful information.
In this update you will find:
A list of technology and learning platforms for FPS Remote learning
Student and Parent Technology Tutorial
Virtual Q & A Grade Level Invitations
Food Services Link
Transportation Information and Link
A Letter to Parent guardians and links to posters regarding Remote Learning Expectations
A link to the District Calendar and Important Dates (Updated)
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
Technology and Learning Platforms for Remote Learning
Google Classroom: Students and educators will be using Google Classroom in all grade levels as their "remote classroom". Educators are busy creating these virtual classrooms now and will share classroom codes with families shortly.
Google Meets: Students and educators will be using Google Meets for video conferences throughout the school day.
In addition, there are consistent instructional programs being used by our students and educators this year. Here is a complete list for your reference.
Here is a resource created by educators around the globe for families!
SCHOOL SCHEDULE BY GRADE
Early Release Friday, September 18, 2020
Friday is our first early release day of the year. The school day will end at 12:55. Please be aware that even though lunchtime is scheduled on Early Release days, there is the potential for different lunch and Recess/Screen Break times due to the shortened day. Please stay tuned for communication from your children's teachers!
Virtual Q & A Open House with Mrs. Benabdallah and Ms. Herring
We would like to invite parents/guardians to join us for a Q & A Open House next week. Below you will find a schedule with individual links for each grade level. If the time for your grade level does not work for you, please feel free to to attend at a time that does.
- Tuesday, September 22, 3:00-3:30 Kindergarten meeting link
- Tuesday, September 22, 3:45-4:15 Grade 1 meeting link
- Tuesday, September 22, 4:30-5:00 Grade 2 meeting link
- Wednesday, September 23, 3:00-3:30 Grade 3 meeting link
- Wednesday, September 23, 3:45-4:15 Grade 4 meeting link
- Wednesday, September 23, 4:30-5:00 Grade 5 meeting link
- Friday , September 25, 3:00-3:30 Parent Information Meeting for Parents who need a Portuguese or Spanish Translator meeting link
Dates to Remember (Updated)
Dates to Remember
- 16th - First Day of School (remotely for all students)
- 17th - Welcome PTO Meeting for Incoming K Families or Families New to Dunning
- 18th - Early Release: 12:55pm, Rosh Hashanah
- 28th - No School: Yom Kippur
- 7th - PTO Meeting
- 9th - No School: (PD)
- 12th - No School: Indigenous Peoples' Day
- 20th- Curriculum Night/Open House 6:30-8:00PM
- 26th- Tentative Return to the Building for students with High Needs
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students are dismissed at 12:55pm.
- Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 9/18/20, 12/3/20, 12/10/20, 12/17/20, 1/7/21, 1/14/21, 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:20pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.
Click here for resources available through the city of Framingham
For emergency food assistance call the Framingham Emergency Food Line (508-532-5479). For food or housing referrals, please contact the Family Resource Center (508-270-4313). If you or your child is having a mental health emergency, please call Advocates Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) at 508-872-3333 or call 911 for assistance.
Please use this link to access resources, preventative measures, and guidance on how to talk with children.