On Wings of Excellence
Dear Andrews Family
What a phenomenal week of learning at Andrews! It was wonderful to see our students so actively engaged! We also celebrated College Week and are immensely grateful for all of the parents who volunteered to talk about their career with classes of students. You made such a positive impact!
I enjoyed seeing many of you on Thursday evening at our Science Fair Open House and PTA Mad Science Night. We are incredibly proud of all of the students who submitted a Science Fair project and know that each project represented a significant investment of time and effort. Additionally, it was obvious that students enjoyed the demonstrations, experiments, and cotton candy provided at the Mad Science Night!
We hope that you and your family enjoy a great three-day weekend, and we look forward to our students' return on Tuesday, January 19th!
Joy Lovell, Principal
Chipotle to donate 50% of sales on Tuesday, Jan. 19th from 5-8!!!
The next Andrews spirit event will be at Chipotle, 103 Central Expy., Allen, 75013. Stop by on Tuesday, Jan. 19, between the hours of 5-8 p.m. for a delicious dinner, and Chipotle will donate 50% of the proceeds to Andrews PTA. Be sure to show this Chipotle flyer or tell your cashier you are from Andrews to receive the 50% donation. Special guests: Specials teachers
After School Programs/Rehearsals
The PTA is happy to offer six after-school programs to Andrews students. Classes fill up, so don’t delay in registering. Please go to www.andrewspta.org and click on the SHOP button at the top of the page to sign up.
Tuesday, January 19th
- Beginning and Intermediate Chess
- Coding Club
- 4th Grade Choir Rehearsal
- Tutoring (K-5)
Wednesday, January 20th:
- NTCC Rehearsal
- Drama Club
Thursday, January 21st
- Advanced Chess
- Young Rembrandts K-1
- Tutoring (K-5)
Friday, January 22nd
- Young Rembrandts 2-5
RICE MIDDLE SCHOOL 2016-2017 PARENT INFO NIGHT
Please mark your calendars for the 5th to 6th Grade Parent Night in the Rice Middle School Cafeteria on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Please contact Rice MS 2016-2017 6th Grade Counselor, Susan Barshop, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Check out this online resource that PISD now provides for parents of toddlers and young children. Readyrosie.com equips parents to have more meaningful interactions and helps to turn everyday situations into learning opportunities!
Second Semester Reminders
- Please allow extra time for traffic when bringing students to school each morning.
- Gym doors open at 7:00 for children to be dropped off and wait safely in the gym until dismissed for class.
- Front doors open at 7:20 for students to be dropped off. Students will be allowed to go to the gym and wait until 7:30 before heading to class.
- At 7:30, students are allowed to head to their homerooms.
- School starts promptly at 7:45.
- Students entering the building after 7:45 will receive a late slip and be marked tardy. An accumulation of tardies/unexcused absences can result in truancy concerns.
Looking for something for the kids to do over summer? SAGE Summer Expo can help!
Multicultural Night Is Coming ~ Tuesday, Feb. 2
Our 14th annual Multicultural Night will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 2, from 6-8 p.m. This is an amazing event, thanks to lots of participation from parents and students! Please consider joining us this year. Ways to participate include:
· Flag Parade –- Students may carry a flag in the opening parade
· Cultural Booth – Parents may showcase their culture by bringing artifacts to display. You can make it as simple or fancy as you'd like. Many parents create a display board, and you can bring artwork, crafts, textiles, instruments, books, etc. Many people will join together to create a larger display, such as for India and China. We encourage as many countries as possible to join!
· Volunteer – We need help coordinating the various areas before the event, and we need help on the day of, with set-up, monitoring booths and food tables, and clean up.
Makerspace Donations Still Being Accepted
The PTA is getting closer to its financial goal for the Andrews Makerspace project, which has reached $3,500 of the total $5,000.
Makerspace is a DIY space in the library, where students can gather to create, invent and learn. The Makerspace wish list contains $5,000 worth of items such as solar car kits, robots, Lego education products (STEM) such as the Lego WeDo Construction set, Lego Mindstorm coding sets, a 3-D printer and related technology, and more. To learn more about Makerspace for Andrews, visit http://tinyurl.com/orxqzf3.
You can support this project by visiting andrewspta.org, and clicking on the SHOP button on the top of the screen. Once you log in, look under New Forms and choose Donations 2015-16.
Your donation is tax deductible (EIN # 300070670) and will directly benefit your child and all Andrews students. In addition, your donations are eligible for your company’s matching gift program. Any questions about memberships and donations, please email email@example.com.
2014-2015 School Report Card
The State of Texas 2014-2015 School Report Card for Andrews Elementary has now been released and posted to the Andrews website - http://k12.pisd.edu/andrews-elementary-school/tapr.
This is a report required by the Texas Legislature and prepared by the Texas Education Agency. The report provides information concerning student performance on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR), as well as information on student enrollment, class size averages, and financial expenditures. The information contained in the School Report Card is required by state law and is briefly described in the “School Report Card Definitions.”
If you have any questions concerning the School Report Card, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Andrews Elementary.
Do you have photos of your child taken at school that you can share with the Yearbook? Here’s how to upload the photos:
1. Go to this website: onlineyearbooks.lifetouch.com
2. User: firstname.lastname@example.org; Password: eagles
3. Go to Image Upload and find the “correct” folder to upload in. For example, if you are uploading first grade photos, then select that folder.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
The 2015-2016 Andrews Yearbook is now available for purchase online. The yearbooks will be distributed at the end of the school year. To order, visit www.andrewspta.org and click on the SHOP button.