Sunset Valley Elementary 1/26/18
-We have cool kids at SVE! They come from great families! Each and every day I see our kids perform amazing acts of kindness and provide support for one another. Our kids:
- Serve as peer mentors
- Assist students with reading
- Volunteer to take some of their recess to help another student
- Peer buddy for our friends in the Medically Fragile Program
- Are peer role models for students in the C.L.A.S.S. and Life Skills Program
- Help other students with their math facts
- Reach out to others who may need a friend
- Stand up for one another
- Serve on the Broadcast Journalism Team
- SVE Alumni (High School Students) return to SVE weekly to help support students and staff! What a great compliment to this team and community when former students return to give back!!
THANK YOU, SVE PTA!!!
Advocate for our kids!
The 'R-7 Advocacy' electronic newsletter provides interested individuals with relevant and timely information about legislative activities. Through this electronic communication, we will also occasionally ask subscribers to consider contacting their elected officials about specific proposed legislation that would impact Lee's Summit R-7 students.
If you would like to subscribe to this newsletter, please visit http://tiny.cc/h7gyny or e-mail Janice Phelan at email@example.com and ask to be added to the list. The R-7 Legislative Platform is available at http://tiny.cc/r9gyny. This website also includes a list of area elected officials and a Toolkit for Advocacy, developed with the assistance of the Missouri School Boards Association.
Have a great story?
The stories may be about children from birth through high school and may be submitted by parents and guardians of both past and present students. Stories should be 200 words or less and should go to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Janice Phelan to provide general information, and she will draft your story for your review.For more information about The Story Project, visit the website.