Solution: Brian found raspberries to eat. Page 69.
Solution: Brian realized that he is not alone in the woods and that the bear is not afraid to be around him. The bear's intentions were not to harm Brian, but to gather raspberries. pg. 70&71
Solution: Brian throws his hatchet at the porcupine and then pulls out the quills so that his leg won't get infected.
- two dozen porcupine species
- have coat of needle like quills (some up to a foot long)
- quills lie flat until the porcupine feels threatened
- quills detach easily when touched, porcupine grows new ones
- North American porcupine is the largest. resides in the United States and Canada
- Nocturnal & live forests, sometimes caves and rocky areas