Presidential vs. Parliamentary
Jared & Tyler
- Chief executive is part of the legislative body
- Chef Executive and Head of State are the same people
- Legislator is elected by the people
Differences between presidential and parliamentary
- In presidential government the president is not a part of the legislative body.
- In a parliamentary government the chief executive is part of the legislative body
- In the presidential government once the president is elected he has to stay for his entire term unless he is impeached which is a difficult process.
- In the parliamentary government the legislative body can vote for a new chief executive.
Similarities in Presidential and Parlimentary government
- People elect the representatives
- Leader is the head of military and runs the government
- Both have a headbof state