Thank you for your continued support of Weaverville Elementary!
A note from BCS Communications
Hello, BCS Staff and Families:
Buncombe County Schools’ faculty and staff are excited about this brand new school year of in-person learning. We will be focused on addressing any educational challenges our students may have faced due to COVID-19 disruptions and also work to accelerate their learning this year. The pandemic has shown us that change is the only constant we’ve faced. We will continue to monitor the health situation in our schools and across our county and make any safety modifications necessary to ensure we can maintain a healthy, in-person learning environment.
Linked on our revised Return To Learn website are some helpful links to information regarding safety protocols and expectations in our buildings as well as specific COVID protocols from Buncombe County Health and Human Services.
Looking for the latest COVID data for your school?
Our notification protocols currently include our school administrators communicating directly with families and staff regarding COVID-19 cases associated with a school building or school activity. Additionally, school staff will collaborate with school nurses and county case investigators to send specific guidance to any staff or students identified as close contacts within the school setting.
Soon, each school will also post on their website a total of new lab-confirmed COVID cases associated with the school that week. Tentatively beginning Thursday, Sept. 9, new COVID cases of staff/students will be posted on each school website.
Learn more: ReturnToLearn.buncombeschools.org.
The WvES COVID cases will be updated on our school website by 11 AM each Thursday morning. This number will track the number of lab confirmed COVID cases from Wednesday until the following Wednesday. The first numbers will represent Wednesday, September 1 to Wednesday, September 8th.
Thank you all for working so diligently to follow our campus safety procedures. Our car rider line in the morning is flowing smoothly and the afternoon car line is ALMOST finished at 2:45 which is our goal. We are having to start a little later with the afternoon car line because we have to ensure that students are seated properly and spaced correctly in the gym before we begin. We appreciate your patience!
Thank you to everyone for being patience when we had a disabled car in the line on Friday and thank you to another parent for helping to jump the car off! The Weaverville Community is strong!
Here are some general safety reminders:
- Please do not pass in the car rider line.
- Cars should enter and exit the car pickup circle using Yost Street.
- Any family that comes to the gym door with the pickup tag must live within walking distance of the school and be walking home. Everyone else must use the car rider line.
- If your child gets out on the driver's side of the car, they should walk in front of your car so you can ensure they make it to the sidewalk safely before you proceed.
So far this year we have held our monthly fire drill, had early morning bus safety drills and held our perimeter and full lockdown drill. In the next few weeks we will also complete a bomb drill (will look like a fire drill to students) and practice exiting our campus a different way for our remote evacuation drill.
From attendance and grades to assignments and announcements, our parent portals allow you to more fully participate in your child's education. We welcome parent involvement and strive to keep you informed.
School Picture Day is Coming! Mark your calendar for September 20th!
https://strawbridge.fotomerchanthv.com/clients/weaverville-elementary-school/fall-pictures-9-20-2021-70/optIn This link will allow parents to sign up to receive updates via email regarding their child's school portraits. These updates include promotions, additional deals and the ability to order more pictures at a later time. When entering student information, parents should be sure to enter the student's name as it is on file at the school.
Paper order forms will be sent home. The information below is for your convenience.
Please see the updated (August 2021) COVID-19 Symptom Screening posters. Thank you for following these guidelines to keep our school community healthy!
Information from Weaverville Schools PTO
- September PTO Meeting will be held at Weaverville Primary School on Thursday, September 9th at 8:30 AM. Please bring a folding camp chair just in case we meet outside.
- The Blackhawk BoosterThon Fun Run is coming up! We would love to have your support for this event! The kickoff will be held on Tuesday, September 28th.
- The Blackhawk Fun Run Event will be held on Friday, October 8th. Mark your calendars now! More information will be coming soon.
How do I register my student for the Fun Run?
If you already have an account:
- Click Login and enter your email address and password (Choose Forgot Password? if you can't remember your login)
- Choose I'm a Parent
- Search for your child's school
- Enter their profile details and submit (Be sure to upload their photo to create a video with them as the star!)
If you don't have an account with us, create an account.
Fun Run Character Theme is SPORTS CITY NOW!
Our character theme is SPORTS CITY NOW! It’s a fitness theme all about inspiring students to be active and activate their character. Students will travel the country learning how to live and play with more character from REAL kid-athletes.
THE STORY SUMMARY
Due to low ratings, SportsCity Now, a sports news show run entirely by kids, is in jeopardy of being shut down. The two lead anchors must fight to save the show by pivoting to a new direction—inspiring documentaries featuring real kid athletes with character. With the help of your students and a magical news desk, they might just be able to pull it off.
Our dynamic, documentary-style videos will introduce your students to REAL kid-athletes with REAL character. In the process, your students will learn about Wisdom, Care, Courage, Grit, and Celebration.
- September 7 3rd Grade does BOG tutorial
- September 8 3rd Grade does BOG tutorial
- September 9 BOG Test for 3rd Grade students
- September 9 PTO meeting at 8:30 AM at Weaverville Primary School
- September 10 and 13 BOG Test Makeups
- September 16 9:00 WvES Advisory Council Meeting
- September 20 - 24 - Bus Ridership Week
- September 20 Fall Pictures
- September 22 2 hour Early Dismissal Day
- September 23 Midterm Reports Go Home
- September 28 PTO Blackhawks Fun Run Kickoff
- September 30 - Title 1 Open House - Mark your calendars!
- October 4 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
- October 8 PTO Blackhawks Fun Run!!!
- October 14 2 hour Early Dismissal Day
- October 26 End of the Grading Period
- October 26 2 hour Early Dismissal Day
- November 1 Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOLS for STUDENTS
- November 2 Report Cards Go Home