November 13, 2020
Welcome to Our School!
From Mrs. Healey
We continue to follow protocols put in place to mitigate risk as outlined in our Phased Reopening Plan as we move to our increased learning days. Fortunately, our new building with its many learning spaces, allows us to maintain social distancing guidelines while still providing high quality, developmentally appropriate learning experiences for our students.
How can parents and care givers who transport their children help with the efficient arrival and dismissal of students?
- Please share the arrival and dismissal procedures with anyone who is picking up your child. Often the bumps we have that cause long lines are due to caregivers not knowing these procedures.
- At arrival, please honor our logo: "Stop, drop and go" to be considerate of other parents who need to drop off at other schools or get to their next destination. Have students ready with their book bags, coats and masks as they exit the vehicle. We will continue to live by our nickname given to us by a former parent, "The KA Pit Crew."
- The dismissal process starting Monday will be that only parents that need to pick up at other schools should check in from 1:45-2:00. All other parents should check in from 2:00-2:15. We will be monitoring the check-ins for compliance.
- Last, but not least, please expect delays as we navigate twice as many vehicles coming into the Filbert loop to pick up children. We will adjust as needed to make it as efficient as possible.
- Thank you in advance for your patience!
How can I be a part of the Parent Advisory Council?
Mark Your Calendars!
- Increased Face to Face Model Begins
- 6:30 Parent Advisory Council via Zoom
- Children’s Grief Awareness Day (wear blue)
- Pajama Day (In honor of our study of the letters P & J)
- Remote Learning Day
- Thanksgiving Break