Anderson Weekly News! 3/15/22
Dates to Remember
- Fri. Mar. 18th 6-9 PM St. Baldricks Event at East High School
- Wed. Mar 23rd: Early Release Day: Dismissal at 2:10 PM
- Tue. Apr. 19th: Walburgers St. Charles Dine Out Fundraiser 11am-7pm
- March 28th-April 1st. SPRING BREAK!
- Mon Apr. 4th: School Resumes
- April 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14 - IAR (Illinois Assessment of Readiness)
- Fri. Apr. 15th - No School (School Improvement Day)
- Wed. Apr. 27th Early Release Day 2:10 Dismissal
- Mon. May 2nd, 5th Grade Band Concert 6:40 PM Thompson Middle School
- Tue. May 3rd, Beginning Orchestra Concert 5:30 PM North High School
- Tue. May 3rd, Advanced Orchestra Concert 7:00 PM North High School
- Thu. May 5th PTO Meeting 7:00 PM
- Wed. May 11th, Incoming Parent Wredling Middle School 6:30-7:30 PM
- Fri. May 13th, Fifth Grade Band at Cougars Game 5:30 PM.
- Wed. May 25th LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Last Call! Anderson Wild Fox Run Club! Sign up closes Thursday at 3:30 PM.
Have you viewed your child's report card?
D303 Parent Focus Groups
As part of the district’s equity audit, parent 1 hour focus groups will be held across the district via Zoom during the month of April to give families an opportunity to share their thoughts on our district’s strengths, areas of need, and long-term opportunities for providing the best educational experience for all students. Focus groups will be constructed and led by our partners in the equity audit process- the Consortium for Educational Change (CEC). There will be morning and evening focus groups available for parents. Every school’s goal is to have 15 families agree to participate in a focus group. During the week of March 21st, a member of our school staff will begin calling parents from a document with families’ names listed in random order to invite prospective participants to be part of a focus group. All parents are welcome to email your own written responses to the focus group questions to CEC should you not be selected to participate in a focus group but desire to share your opinions (A list of the focus group questions and a place for submitting your answers to them will be posted on the district website beginning April 4th). We thank you for your commitment to equity in education, and we are excited about this next step in gathering the voices of our district so that we can create a comprehensive plan to move forward. If you have any questions regarding the focus group process, please contact our Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Dr. Tracy Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAR (Illinois Assessment of Readiness) 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
Third, fourth and fifth graders will take three English language arts and three math tests. We only take one test per day. Our teachers build a positive testing environment focused on encouragement and every student doing their best. We encourage students to eat breakfast and get a good night’s sleep so they are at their best for their tests. When each grade level finishes their tests we go outside and celebrate by throwing water balloons at their teacher or principal. :)
Anderson Book Fair!
From the Anderson PTO
ONE LAST CHANCE!!! Order Your Yearbook TODAY!
Anderson Spirit Wear
Show your school spirit! Order your Anderson spirit wear at the link below. All orders will be placed online again this year. The store will be open throughout the school year. Items will ship directly to your home. Questions? Contact Lisa at: email@example.com