Southview PS Weekly Update
Week of May 6th, 2019
This Week at Southview
Monday, May 13th (Day 1)
- Dairy presentations (K/Primary)
Tuesday, May 14th (Day 2)
Wednesday, May 15th (Day 3)
- Parent Council meeting - 6:30pm - All welcome; childcare provided
- Dairy presentations (K/Primary)
- Track & Field at Southview raindate (if tomorrow's weather does not look promising)
Thursday, May 16th (Day 4)
- Track & Field at Southview (grade 3-8)
- Kindergarten gymnastics (12:00 noon)
Friday, May 17th (Day 5)
- PA Day - no school for students
Track and Field at Southview (Gr. 3-8)
Southview’s First On-site track meet is scheduled for Thursday, May 16th, 2019.
Raindate is Wednesday May 15th - we will watch Thursday’s weather.
We are looking forward to this year’s track and field event held in our very own back field! Here are a few things you’ll need to consider to prepare your child for their big day:
- There will be a small canteen at the event. As a thank you for reaching 90% enrollment for online payment and permission for field trips, the SchoolDay program is providing every grade 3-8 student at Southview with one FREE slice of pizza on the day of our track meet! Furthermore, Houard Contracting is graciously donating a FREE bottle of water for every Southview track competitor! Finally, there will be $1 Freezies for sale. All of these items will be available at the canteen tent.
- Please ensure your child has packed enough healthy foods in their lunch to keep their energy up for the duration of the day.
- The event will begin promptly after attendance is taken in the morning. We are unable to assign start times for each event, but please see below for the order of events.
- Families are welcome and encouraged to come cheer their kids on! Please be aware of the boundary areas and please keep in mind that this is our first time organizing a track event of this size at our school. Staff will be busy doing their best to make it run as smoothly as possible.
Thanks in advance,
Your Southview Track Coaches
May 20 ~ Victoria Day - no school
May 22, 23, 24 ~ EQAO Grade 3
May 22 ~ Free slice of pizza for K-2 students
May 28, 29, 30 ~ EQAO Grade 6
May 30 ~ Gould Lake - McPhee (2), Hendry/McLeod (5)
June 4 ~ Kinder gymnastics (12:00pm)
June 5 ~ Region 1 Track & Field (Invista)
June 5~ Jones/Zwiers/Brown - Allen MacPherson House trip
June 7 ~ Riverfront festival - grade 8
June 10-14 ~ Grade 2 drama week
June 11 ~ Regional Track & Field rain date
June 12 ~ District Track & Field
June 13 ~ Garden Growers kinder program (Queen's facilitators at Southview)
June 13 ~ Loyalist College Experiential Learning - Grade 8
June 14 ~ Barefoot Players theatre group at Southview (10-11am)
Want the Weekly Update delivered to your inbox or SMS messaging?
Hot Lunch Orders Deadline
Many thanks to our Parent Council for their efforts in organizing a hot lunch program for Southview. We love hot lunch day! A reminder to those families who order that no late orders will be accepted. Please mark these dates on your calendar.
June orders are due May 24th at noon.
All orders must be placed through Southview.hotlunches.net.
The warmer weather means it's once again tick season in Ontario. We encourage you to do a daily "tick check" on your children especially when they have been playing outside in the grass or wooded areas. There are many helpfu lresources that provide information on how to avoid tick bites and how to remove ticks from yourself or pets. Check our "Lyme Disease" at www.ontario.ca/page/lyme-disease.