Summer Digital Learning Conference
Tweet As You Learn
Tweeters: Remember to tweet when you discover something new or interesting or inspiring. Tweeting is an awesome way to reflect on what you've learned; it helps make the learning stick. Also, remember to grow your PLN by following the folks you meet here.
Use the hashtag: #ESC11summerdigital
Setting the Schedule
At the beginning of Our Mini-EdCamp, we'll all submit ideas for sessions. You might submit something you want to learn about or something you are excited about. Think of it this way, if you could design a professional development for yourself, what would be the topic?
We will be looking for folks to facilitate the conversations. You don't have to be an expert on a topic, you just have to be willing to get folks talking about the topic.
When we've collected all the ideas, a group of volunteers will sort through the ideas, and together, we will set up the sessions.
- The Rule of Two Feet
If you are neither learning nor contributing, you are responsible for moving to another place; use your two feet to find a place where your participation is more meaningful.
- The right people are the people who are present.
- Whatever happens is the only thing that can.
- Whenever we start is the right time.
- When it is over, it is over.
- Be thought of as meaningful conversations among colleagues.
- Have the goal that everybody finds value by participating in the conversations.
- NOT be thought of as presentations.
Role of Facilitator
- Guide folks in sharing their own experiences and appreciating the experiences of others.
- Be a good listener.
- Try to give everyone a fair share of the time.
- Be open to all viewpoints.