Mrs. James' 1st Grade Class - Crozet Elementary School
This Week's Sneak Peek: November 15, 2013
We sang and practiced the words to the National Anthem! While the lyrics are difficult to understand, we enjoyed singing along and understand the importance of being proud of our country! Below is a link with lyrics and music for home practice.
During word study we sort words with our friends according to the spelling pattern or feature. We also have a chance to write the words "fancy" style, which is a favorite activity!
We LOVED pajama day! We spent a lot of our day reading with our friends and stuffed animals - even during math! One of our favorite parts of the day was listening to Mrs. Crummie read the book, The Principal from the Black Lagoon. Mrs. Joyner also read to us a moose favorite, and we made thank you cards for our tennis racquets. Whew! What a busy day!
Tonight is the last opportunity to order from Scholastic Book Orders. The website is www.scholastic.com/parentordering. Our class code is: GMQW3.
OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS
- Here is a digital lik to the Crozet Connection, Ms. Crummie's quarterly newsletter: https://www.smore.com/r4zw
- THANK YOU! We are winners of the monthly BOXTOP collection competition, again! We will enjoy a popcorn party with our classmates soon.
- Mark your calendars! We will have a field trip to the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton, VA on Thursday, December 12th. This is a fantastic location, and an exciting trip during the winter season. We welcome parents to attend. More information will come home in your child's Tuesday envelope next week.
- TONIGHT, Friday, November 15th: Book Orders due. The link is: www.scholastic.com/parentordering. Class code: GMQW3
- Monday, November 25th: Cornucopia Projects Due
- November 27th-December 1st: NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break