February 22-26, 2021
Dear Midland Families,
Welcome to our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Mustangs!
We are so excited to welcome students back into the classroom. Here are some important details to know:
- Grades 3, 4, 5 will attend in person two days a week, and remotely two days.
- Wednesday continues to be asynchronous.
- Cohort A attends Monday/Thursday.
- Cohort B attends Tuesday/Friday.
- Students can be dropped off at 8:45 or ride the bus.
- Students leave school at 2:25.
- Lunch is served, but breakfast is sent home for the next day. Breakfast will not be served on Monday, so please have breakfast before attending school.
- Parents MUST complete the health check email by 8:30 each day, and for each student. Students who do not have a completed health attestation will not be allowed in class until a health screening has been completed and parents have been called.
We are excited to have our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders at school with our K-2 students!
For those staying online, our remote learning times change to Cohort A 9:15-11:45 and Cohort B 12:25-2:55. Our remote teachers are Mrs. Albers, Third Grade, Ms. Huddle, Fourth Grade, Ms. Piercy, Fifth Grade.
I'm so proud of our students and families. Thank you for your commitment to your students' learning!
It's great to be a MUSTANG!
PS- If you missed the parent information sessions, the PowerPoint slides are attached below. I will have one more parent session on Monday, February 22nd, at 5:00pm.
Important Dates to Remember:
February 22 ~ Grades 3,4 and 5 Hybrid classes begin
February 24 ~ Asynchronous learning day
February 26 ~ HOPE Assembly
March 3 ~ Asynchronous learning day
March 10 ~ Asynchronous learning day, End of Second Trimester
March 14 ~ Daylight Savings Time/ Spring ahead
March 17 ~ Asynchronous learning day
March 19~ Report Cards go Home
March 24 ~ Asynchronous learning day
March 31 ~ Asynchronous learning day
**For additional future scheduled activities, please check out our Midland calendar at https://midland.fpschools.org/**
Midland wants to STOP Covid at the door!
Just a reminder that you need to complete a health screening questionnaire EVERY morning. This survey will come to your email, but you can also set it up to be sent as a text to your phone, for easy completion. If you have not filled out the form, your child will not be allowed to enter class until we have heard from you to answer questions, and have your child's temperature taken. PLEASE do your part before school, so that your child can go to class when they arrive.
- Students will be required to wear a mask on the bus, in the halls, in class, and at recess. Please start practicing now if your child is not comfortable wearing a mask for a length of time.
- Students will wash hands and use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Students will sit 6 feet apart in the classroom.
If your child has been exposed to COVID, or if they are showing symptoms of illness, you may not send them to school until they have been quarantined and symptom free for 14 days. Teachers will provide work for students during this time. We are counting on everyone to keep Midland safe for all students and staff. Thank you!
Over the nose it goes! Over the chin, you win!
Important: Please check your bus routes!
As our students are returning to in-person learning, we wanted to make sure you have the most up-to-date bus information. Please be sure you check their bus routes.
We have adjusted the elementary school pick up and drop off times. The times on the bus cards that families received in the summer are now incorrect, however the location is still correct. For the updated times please see the information listed below:
Use the E-LINK SITE to find your child's bus route and pick-up/drop-off times. When you get to the site, type in the following username and password:
Note: It is important that parents also check back a few days prior to school, as route schedules do change as more students are enrolled.
Weather and Emergency Updates
Remote learning will not be cancelled due to inclement weather when schools are closed. Depending on the severity of the circumstances, breakfasts and lunches may be available in limited locations.
Remote learning will be cancelled only if the entire district is closed. Breakfast and lunch services will not be available.
Click here for more information from our district's website.
Message from the Nurse
Just a reminder that state law prohibits students bringing any medication, including OTC (Over The Counter) meds to school.
- Students NEVER bring medications; an adult must bring to the health room.
- ALL medications MUST have a Health Care Provider/Doctor order here to allow the administering by a nurse or trained staff.
- Any addition questions, please call our Nurse, Patti Thomas at (253)298-4523
Midland's Lifetouch Fundraiser
- $12 for a Single Membership
- $20 for 2 Memberships
- $10 for Student Membership
- $12 to Sponsor a Teacher
Franklin Pierce Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Questions and complaints of alleged discrimination should be directed to James Hester, Compliance Coordinator for State and Civil Rights Laws; Wendy Malich, Title IX Officer; or John Sander, 504/ADA Coordinator at 315 129th ST S, Tacoma, WA 98444-5099 or at (253)298-3000.